Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple sucks, don't succumb to iRape

teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by rejectOfAllah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappen View Post
    I have an iPhone because I'm cool! It's a known fact that deep down, everybody wants one. Those who badmouths it aswell as other Apple products are people who can't afford them and they are just jealous of people like me!
    As opposed to those of us who own iPhone 4s and are happy to declare them the worst mobile phone we've ever had you mean?
    Really? Is it jailbroken? I recently switched from a android based phone, that was constantly locking up. (Although I admit it was a bottom of the line LG POS) And have to admit I'm pretty happy with it, in comparison. Never had it lock up or give me any trouble at all so far...And I'm not a Apple fan in any way shape or form. I just have several friends who had them, & they highly recommended them.
    Last edited by teflon05; 08-26-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

2. Lounge   -   #82
    Yep, really. Not jailbroken. Just crap. I can have four bars of signal strength and still every single conversation is broken up... calls regularly fail... it's a nice enough gadget, it's just a completely crappy phone. Oh and I'm not alone... I work in a company of several hundred people... and we all now have iPhone 4s and they're all the same.

We regularly have to end conversations with each other and have one person go and find a landline in order to have any kind of conversation at all, because the combination of having two crappy iPhones talking to each other makes any kind of conversation impossible. We have people who are desperately trying to keep hold of old Nokia phones to avoid going to iPhone 4s... which is against the company policy.

It will lock up on you at some point. It will refuse to dial at some point as well, and you'll need to reboot it then.
    Last edited by NotLettingItGo; 08-26-2011 at 04:15 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #83
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    Really? Is it jailbroken? Although I don't share scrappens elitist BS attitude, I recently switched from a android based phone, that was constantly locking up. (Although I admit it was a bottom of the line LG POS) And have to admit I'm pretty happy with it, in comparison. Never had it lock up or give me any trouble at all so far...And I'm not a Apple fan in any way shape or form. I just have several friends who had them, & they highly recommended them.
    Perhaps it didn't shine through but I was being sarcastic on account of the Apple fanboys. I do however use an iPhone 4 at work and i have never experienced any signal problems (or any other problem with it for that matter) during the year i've had it.

rejectOfAllah: do you by any chance live in USA or somewhere else where the cellular infrastructure is crap? If so, perhaps that is part of the problem?

4. Lounge   -   #84
    Perhaps it didn't shine through but I was being sarcastic on account of the Apple fanboys. I do however use an iPhone 4 at work and i have never experienced any signal problems (or any other problem with it for that matter) during the year i've had it.

rejectOfAllah: do you by any chance live in USA or somewhere else where the cellular infrastructure is crap? If so, perhaps that is part of the problem?
    No I live in the UK, and I travel all over the UK.

5. Lounge   -   #85
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    Really? Is it jailbroken? Although I don't share scrappens elitist BS attitude, I recently switched from a android based phone, that was constantly locking up. (Although I admit it was a bottom of the line LG POS) And have to admit I'm pretty happy with it, in comparison. Never had it lock up or give me any trouble at all so far...And I'm not a Apple fan in any way shape or form. I just have several friends who had them, & they highly recommended them.
    Perhaps it didn't shine through but I was being sarcastic on account of the Apple fanboys. I do however use an iPhone 4 at work and i have never experienced any signal problems (or any other problem with it for that matter) during the year i've had it
    In that case, I retract my statement & apologize.

No I live in the UK, and I travel all over the UK.
    I'm not familiar with UK providers, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I'm with Verizon in the US myself, & I've rarely had any problems with dropped calls. I jailbroke mine right after I got it, due to Apple not allowing certain apps in their so-called app store. The only real complaint I've had with it, is that it seems so damn fragile....It's like carrying around a damn piece of china...Had to go get one of those Otter Boxes, which also wasn't cheap
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

6. Lounge   -   #86
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I believe that Verizon fixed the signal issue teflon.

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/01/16/...ntenna-expert/
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

7. Lounge   -   #87
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Yep, really. Not jailbroken. Just crap. I can have four bars of signal strength and still every single conversation is broken up... calls regularly fail... it's a nice enough gadget, it's just a completely crappy phone. Oh and I'm not alone... I work in a company of several hundred people... and we all now have iPhone 4s and they're all the same.

We regularly have to end conversations with each other and have one person go and find a landline in order to have any kind of conversation at all, because the combination of having two crappy iPhones talking to each other makes any kind of conversation impossible. We have people who are desperately trying to keep hold of old Nokia phones to avoid going to iPhone 4s... which is against the company policy.

It will lock up on you at some point. It will refuse to dial at some point as well, and you'll need to reboot it then.
    Sounds like your company needs to get an obvious signal issue sorted out/investigated. I work for a company where nearly everyone has iPhone 4s with no such trouble at all.

What network are you with?

Edit: I'm not a massive fan of Apple products btw. I think they make a good product but they're too expensive. My next upgrade will be an Android as was my recent tablet purchase.
    Last edited by Cheese; 08-27-2011 at 06:52 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Sounds like your company needs to get an obvious signal issue sorted out/investigated. I work for a company where nearly everyone has iPhone 4s with no such trouble at all.

What network are you with?

Edit: I'm not a massive fan of Apple products btw. I think they make a good product but they're too expensive. My next upgrade will be an Android as was my recent tablet purchase.
    We're all on Vodaphone... except one bloke who is on Orange... and his iPhone suffers the same problems.

TBH I'm not arsed who makes the technology I have, as long as it actually works... like I said the iPhone 4 is a nice enough gadget, but it's just no good as a phone... at least not in my experience. It's re-enforced my view that traditional companies produce better products. So if you want a digital camera, buy it from a camera manufacturer, not a computer company. If you want a mobile phone, you'll be better off with one from a mobile phone company, than with one from a computer company... etc, etc...
    Last edited by NotLettingItGo; 08-27-2011 at 09:29 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #89
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    My TV monitor was produced by a desktop/laptop manufacturer, and it fucking blows.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. Lounge   -   #90
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    My TV monitor was produced by a desktop/laptop manufacturer, and it fucking blows.
    Really. Who made it?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast