Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ripping Off Change Machines

Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by mooseman2070@13 November 2003 - 02:22
    could i have possibly put too much tape or string around the quarter?
    Possibly, I would suggest fraying the end of your string so that you can tape it further down the quater with less bulk.

Or another alternative is to superglue it, this would have less bulk and have a stronger bond.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Um, I hate to sound like a pro, but what model is it?

See, there are a few different types:

Note to Coin
    Coin to Vend product
    Note to Vend product
    etc.

A lot of the new coin vending machines have Mars mechanisms (developed by Mars Vending Machines) and they are a bitch to get around. They have a laser sensor inside to read the dimentions of the coins and a weight scale to measure the weight. This means you can't use "slugs" or fake coins with the same dimentions as you need the exact metallic compound of the coin to make it work.

If yor're talking about the VERTICLE "Insert Coin(s) and push in the slider" type (like for collector cards, pool tables or condom vending machines, they are easy:
    Either drill a hole in the coin, tie a peice of thin string, wire or fishing line and push in the slider. If the string is chopped (some mechanisms actually have a few "steps" which can break the string) then it may be a bit difficult. Most types though are only rigged with one step: once the coin is pushed in, it falls through the bottom of the slider and goes into the hopper (where the coins are collected). A good way to do this is to superglue the coin in place and just keep pushing the slider: it will permantly think there is a coin in there and you can empty the machine of its contents.

The HORIZONTAL types are a bit trickier: you're better off trying the "string through the hole in the coin" type thing with them.

Some of the Coke machines which have a mechanical mechanism (the older ones) have problems when the hoppers get full. If the filling company fills the machine to capacity with cans and it gets used a lot (especially with smaller denomination coins) the hopper fills up. Get a mate to push the refund button while you kick it from the side. The coins will fall out of the hopper and out down the reject shoot.

Hope that helps. Give me the model number or brand and I can give you some more specific help

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Poster
    the thing is, i dont have a drill

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Poster
    im trying to get free drinks so id think itd be the "coin to vend"

5. Lounge   -   #45
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    you can ripoff some chuddy ball machines by turning about 90 degrees till the chuddy falls then turn back the wrong way and repeat until the shop keeper chases you

6. Lounge   -   #46
    wiz's Avatar Poster
    you yanky kids are all tight whats a $ about £0.60p
    is all this worth the fuss
    get a paper round or are you doing it just for the buzz.
    At this rate in a few years time you lot will have a post on here with the best methods for robbing banks and building societies.
    bring back the birch and impliment it world wide

7. Lounge   -   #47
    muchspl2
    I can't post about my bank heist cause the statue of limitations is not up

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Originally posted by wiz@14 November 2003 - 01:04
    At this rate in a few years time you lot will have a post on here with the best methods for robbing banks and building societies.
    Look dude, this topic is about ripping off change machines. Start a topic called "How to rob a bank" and we'll tell you how to it, but you have to start small first!

9. Lounge   -   #49
    I remember the days when i photo copied the dollar bill worked nice in the laundry mat .........

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Poster
    yeah ummmm.....about that. can u PM a site that has a pic of front and back full size $1? i bet the assholes at the republican treaury have it....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast