Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Xp

you know what I'm not sure...i tried to extract the 5MB file and when i look in the folder there is nothing there. weird.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by GhostInTheSystem@10 November 2003 - 17:58
    you know what I'm not sure...i tried to extract the 5MB file and when i look in the folder there is nothing there. weird.
    Sorry that's not clear to me. Could you rephrase that?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Ive just pm'd you a valid corp key, it updates at microsoft just fine also i dont know if its been mentioned but it is much better to do a "clean" install of xp on an ntfs formatted drive rather than upgrading over your old os.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+10 November 2003 - 18:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 10 November 2003 - 18:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GhostInTheSystem@10 November 2003 - 17:58
    you know what I&#39;m not sure...i tried to extract the 5MB file and when i look in the folder there is nothing there. weird.
    Sorry that&#39;s not clear to me. Could you rephrase that? [/b][/quote]
    i&#39;m sorry, i downloaded a 5 mb file that was supposed to be winiso and key generator. it was a zipped file. when i tried to extract it into a folder it acting like it was doing something, but when i opened the folder, there was nothing there. it was an empty folder. does that help?

this is going to be painful isn&#39;t it? what does ntfs mean? this means that i need to uninstall my os and then install the new one. *sigh* this had better be worth it&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; that&#39;s all i have to say.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by GhostInTheSystem@10 November 2003 - 16:39

this is going to be painful isn&#39;t it? what does ntfs mean? this means that i need to uninstall my os and then install the new one. *sigh* this had better be worth it&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; that&#39;s all i have to say.
    No pain, no gain, pal.

You don&#39;t really need to "uninstall" your old OS... the format will do that for you.

NTFS="new technology file system" Inspired, eh?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Are you sure it was a zipped file and not an exe?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Why do you need to install and crack Winiso? You&#39;re going to format and reinstall and loose that anyway.

Just burn the CD from the .ISO with Roxio. I explained that earlier.

So what ever happened with that CD burning anyway? Did you burn it yet? Now that&#39;s what I call a slow burn.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    i&#39;m going to do it in about 10 minutes, that&#39;s when the person that&#39;s been downloading the longest will be done...i just can&#39;t bring myself to close out kazaa while theres&#39;s someone there downloading a hefty program. i know how difficult it is to get some of these...i just want to help. but 10 minutes and i shut if off.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    alrighty then, the cd is burned. it seems to be okay. hopefully evrything will go well. but i have been working on this non stop since yesterday night without sleep.

is he saying i have to reformat my hard drive?

people thank you for today and tonight, I can&#39;t tell you how much i appreciate it. i&#39;ll look back here before i do it.

thanks agai,
    Ghost

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Originally posted by clocker+10 November 2003 - 18:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 10 November 2003 - 18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GhostInTheSystem@10 November 2003 - 16:39

No pain, no gain, pal.

You don&#39;t really need to "uninstall" your old OS... the format will do that for you.

NTFS="new technology file system" Inspired, eh? [/b][/quote]
    what am i going to loose when i format? for instance should i put all the programs that i have downloaded on discs so i don&#39;t loose them? i know i should probably put them there anyway. so, i suppose i&#39;ve answered myself there.

back up my hard drive before i do anything else.

then is the format included within the xp disc? so that once i start the disc everything should be there that i need, right? i know "should" is always iffy.

alright, i&#39;m off to do battle....wish me luck

and as for no pain no gain......phft
    some things in life should be just a little easier and they probably would be if i had the hundreds of dollars to pay for all the programs that i want. or if i had learned programming and did it myself.

all this because i wanted to make a website...the reason i wanted a website? 2 links. really just for two links...i still haven&#39;t decided what else i&#39;m going to put on it. anyone have any brilliant ideas? i already have the amber alert ticker going on it...i just want to put the project gutenberg link on it. after that i&#39;m open to suggestions....no "about me" page...as if that would really be interesting...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast