Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by 331 View Post
    To be honest I hate that show ... What you ppl see in this show? There is a lot of good shows then Game of Thrones ...
    Retard.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #192
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 331 View Post
    To be honest I hate that show ... What you ppl see in this show? There is a lot of good shows then Game of Thrones ...
    Retard.
    I'll second that.

Game of Thrones is awesome. It's probably one of the best fantasy/dramas out there. I thought it was a bit risky to kill off Sean Bean at the end of season 1 but so far season 2 is keeping its head above water.

3. Movies & TV   -   #193
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by LosHooligun View Post
    Retard.
    I'll second that.

Game of Thrones is awesome. It's probably one of the best fantasy/dramas out there. I thought it was a bit risky to kill off Sean Bean at the end of season 1 but so far season 2 is keeping its head above water.
    Well, given that they're following the books, didn't they have to kill him? I don't know, I've never read A Song of Fire and Ice.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Movies & TV   -   #194
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosHooligun View Post
    I'll second that.

Well, given that they're following the books, didn't they have to kill him? I don't know, I've never read A Song of Fire and Ice.
    Ah... yes. I never thought about that. Good point. I never read the books.

5. Movies & TV   -   #195
    The season 2 finale was a bit of a let down.
    Didn't really gel as a whole but came across as just a bunch of well done vignettes who's only real purpose was to set things up for next season.

6. Movies & TV   -   #196
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Didn't really gel as a whole but came across as just a bunch of well done vignettes who's only real purpose was to set things up for next season.
    I thought both the last two episodes were freaking awesome. However, I did not realize there were only 10 episodes in the season and thought, "WOW,this season is really getting going...".
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Movies & TV   -   #197
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    That's a problem that might only get worse.
    If the series stays even remotely close to the books, you've only met about a third of the characters so far and favorites- like Tyrion and Dany- disappear for long stretches.

At this point I've decided that reading the books should be considered a completely separate experience from watching the show because it's already gone so far off the rails that comparison- or expectation-
    is useless. The show does hit a few of the books high points but how they got there, or even why, is totally different.
    I still enjoy the series but fear it may suffer the same fate as Rome and end prematurely.

GoT is already the most expensive TV production ever, how do you keep some of the actors tied up for the next five years at an affordable salary given their new high profile?
    Will George R.R. Martin even finish the final book...he doesn't look the picture of health, does he?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Movies & TV   -   #198
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post

GoT is already the most expensive TV production ever, how do you keep some of the actors tied up for the next five years at an affordable salary given their new high profile?
    I read something to that effect during the first season but it's HBO and the generated revenue is pretty clear cut. I'm sure that anyone under contract or considering being under contract is aware of the situation and balances monetary compensation with the exposure and being part of something groundbreaking.
    I think any likely problems will be maintaining the production quality with rising non-acting production costs.

9. Movies & TV   -   #199
    wazza100's Avatar Meh BT Rep: +2
    Agreed, I would probably have preferred leaving Blackwater as the season finale rather than this episode being the last thing we see of GOT for another 12 months.

There was a lot of aspects which I felt contributed to this lackluster season finale starting off with the poorly constructed House of the Undead. This part of the plot had been building for a couple of episodes and we were led to expect something significant from the House of the undying and from the Warlocks. What then ensued was a farcical couple of minutes of viewing with no substance and what seemed to be a whole lot of nothing. The investment and the lead up to this scene warranted more than what we were given and meant that this particular venture which was significant in the books will be forgotten very quickly if you watch the episodes only.

Winterfell and the escape of the Starks should have been done better and seemed silly to leave out the Reeds who play a significant role in the later scenes. Also the betrayal of Theon by his men came out of the blue and should have been explained this season rather than waiting till season 3 as did the reason for burning down Winterfell. I still much preferred the rendition of the Others in the pilot over the others witnessed in the finale however things should pick up next season.

10. Movies & TV   -   #200
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I guess it'll be awhile before either of the 2 zombie shows return
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast