Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Lifetime 1Mbit Usenet Access

The retention is fair even if the speed isn't there, but then again it is free so how you say don't count your chickens before they hatch It's good to know though that if go broke buying gas that we can still have some decent Usenet

@usuck -thanks for the tip
    Digital World...You can't handle the Digital World! What did your Mom buy you a PUTER for Christmas!
    http://usenetgeeks.com

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabber View Post
    where do you live btw out of curiosity ?

even here the higher speed you get is 10mbit downstream but the lowest is 2mbit after the upgrade of their connections
    Argentina.

There are faster plans (30Mbit and beyond, including FiOS), but the prices are ridiculously expensive. I have 3Mbit and don't consider one third of that to be slow - it could be because I don't download HD movies and the like, though.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Haha

I tested this, the speed is stupid slow, but I rarely download old stuff and have a fast 40day subscription so this is actually not that bad. Just have to leave the computer on for a day to get an old HD-movie :p

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    just4today i down with 2000kbps but the rentation is only 10days

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Hell for free, I will sign up!! I will just add it to compliment my Astraweb servers so if they start having issues again I got something to back them up instead of having to get a block account.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman_1 View Post
    Hell for free, I will sign up!! I will just add it to compliment my Astraweb servers so if they start having issues again I got something to back them up instead of having to get a block account.
    Had I known that a couple days ago, I would have done the same instead of purchasing a block. Anyway, could be handy eventually.
    Last edited by KFlint; 09-07-2011 at 02:11 AM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Seems to do what it says on the tin.
    Last edited by A_T; 09-07-2011 at 04:44 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Website says on Premuim tab page free offer is valid for 30 days. However on the Free Usenet tab page, it says it never expires and is a special. Well guess I will find out in 30 days lol.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Thanks for this. I've set it up as a fill server. Not needed one yet but might come in handy one day.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by johhny View Post
    just4today i down with 2000kbps but the rentation is only 10days
    Yeah, you either get a free service with good retention and bad speed or one with bad retention and good speed. Either way, free is free and I appreciate having it.

Thanks for sharing this with us, usuck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast