Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So I've been watching some of the new TV shows

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by gamercliff View Post
    watched terra nova, the premise is good but the first ep felt like a teen movie... that i didn't like
    The premise must be good since it's been used a zillion times before. Then again TV is more about execution than premise.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    The premise must be good since it's been used a zillion times before. Then again TV is more about execution than premise.
    Saw this yesterday and it didn't do very well on the execution front either. Writing could have done without the teen drama..read elsewhere that teen/family elements were put in later at the insistence of studios to grab more eyeballs and the initial reels were much more sci-fi oriented. Hopefully, they have reserved those plotlines for later episodes rather than dumping them altogether. The acting was OK but some of the scenes seemed grossly out of place (editing gone bad?!). Of course, it wasn't all bad...they did manage to open a couple of interesting plots. The special effects were pretty neat....dinosaurs seemed menacing enough and the dense forest serves as a perfect backdrop for the numerous disasters that will befall them sooner than later.
    Last edited by bRIO; 10-01-2011 at 03:35 AM. Reason: typo..

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    The only reason I would watch Ringer is for SMG.
    I tuned in to Ringer for SMG as well but for some reason just had to stop after watching this scene.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I tuned in to Ringer for SMG as well but for some reason just had to stop after watching this scene.
    Dear God you know the scene in Plan Nine From Outer Space with the spaceship where the spaceship is actually a pie plate and you can see the wires holding it up?

flying-saucer_plan-9-from-outer-space.jpg

That was more believable than that boat scene.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-02-2011 at 01:38 AM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsonclark072 View Post
    Now for the dregs:Charlie's Angels and The Playboy Club.I had low expectations going in and they didn't even live up to those.Not exciting.Not dramatic.Not sexy.Not funny. Only bad.I will never watch either again and regret wasting my time doing so already.
    No offense but if you are going to copy/paste something and pretend you said it then might I suggest a good starting point might to at least take it from another thread.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Also saw revenge couple of days back....liked it. well paced show and good acting . The writing could use a bit more polishing and some tighter editing perhaps (couple of obvious red herrings which they could have avoided).

EDIT: Apparently, there is a big buzz around ringer because of SMG. Honestly, I did not much about her until news about ringer came along. Was she so good in buffy the vampire slayer?!
    Last edited by bRIO; 10-02-2011 at 04:28 AM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    A Person of Interest was better than I thought it would be . Jim Caviezel surprised me.Sure the whole thing was overdone , ultimately not sustainable and the inclusion of Michael Emerson presumably only to assure the fanboy turnout was distracting but I thought that the show for that hour was enjoyable and moved with a little grace.
    Besides creating multifaceted characters who though flawed you truly care for , PoI has developed several interesting continuing plot lines. It also has consistently has some of the best use of music on TV.
    Quite probably my current favourite show. Of course I've always been more about the white than the black and PoI revels in it's tale of good (hopefully) triumphing over evil.

The last episode's climax though not unexpected was brilliantly done.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post

And now Ringer is cancelled, and I hope no one misses the show.
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    The show that got canned that was MUUUUCH better than I thought it would be was....Missing. At least the show was only 10 episodes and had closure. It did open it up for "a next season" but nevertheless, closure.

I will go back and watch all the episodes of Ringer....one day, but I had to cut it for other shows. The same for Unforgettable. That show is ULTRA formulaic.

Person Of Interest is beast. I wonder how good it would be with "low-talking loner badass" but it works and has some good twists.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    The show that got canned that was MUUUUCH better than I thought it would be was....Missing. At least the show was only 10 episodes and had closure. It did open it up for "a next season" but nevertheless, closure.

I will go back and watch all the episodes of Ringer....one day, but I had to cut it for other shows. The same for Unforgettable. That show is ULTRA formulaic.

Person Of Interest is beast. I wonder how good it would be with "low-talking loner badass" but it works and has some good twists.
    I think I stopped watching the first episode of Ringer at the very scene Oleg posted. Missing turned out to be much worse that I thought it would be, first episode of course.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast