Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Is Bush On His Way Out?

BANNED
    Our concerns were that they should never have been in Vietnam in the first place. We, the allies, did a deal with the freedom fighters during WW2, we asked them to fight the japs to stop or hinder their advance through that part of the world. In return, we promised them independance from France, a cruel occupier, and free elections. They fought and died on our side, 1000's of them. We then reneged on the deal. They then fought for what was rightfully theirs. The US excuse was "The Domino Effect", what happened to that?

As for Cambodia, the US bombing of that country, denied for many years, caused the instability that allowed Pol Pot to do what he did. And who was it that finally stopped him and saved the country? Vietnam.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@18 November 2003 - 14:39
    Our concerns were that they should never have been in Vietnam in the first place. We, the allies, did a deal with the freedom fighters during WW2, we asked them to fight the japs to stop or hinder their advance through that part of the world. In return, we promised them independance from France, a cruel occupier, and free elections. They fought and died on our side, 1000's of them. We then reneged on the deal. They then fought for what was rightfully theirs. The US excuse was "The Domino Effect", what happened to that?

As for Cambodia, the US bombing of that country, denied for many years, caused the instability that allowed Pol Pot to do what he did. And who was it that finally stopped him and saved the country? Vietnam.

The "Domino Effect" (a legitimate concern, poorly expressed) aside, admitting the horrible toll the bombing took on the Cambodian's land, I don't think Pol Pot would have acted quite so freely had we stayed.

It surely wasn't a perfectly executed strategy; such was the effect of public sentiment on foreign policy.

Gotta go to work now.

"Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    STATE OF PARANOIA Nov 16 2003

After being given a formal welcome by Prince Charles, he will be swept away in his armour-plated limo in a convoy of 20 cars and "war wagons" freighted into Britain last week.
    I would imagine that it will Price Charles SWEEPING Bush away for a little right rogering. Maybe Tony Blair will secretly join them and Bush can play the role of Lucky Pierre. It all seems a bit excessive for an afternoon of passion.

More than 100,000 demonstrators are expected to march through London on Thursday against the war in Iraq....
    Paranoia :a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others

Hmmm, 100,000 demonstrators, lots of time to plan any sort of attack, his country occupies an Islamic country and he is the number 1 assassination target in the world.

Paranoid, hardly. At stitch in time....., I would say. You cannot imagine the political mess that would come from his assassination or even an unsuccessful attempt.

Perhaps the article should have been named, "Wow, look at all the cool shit Bush has" or would that not be appropriate.

Last night a former Presidential bodyguard, Bill Pickles, said: "The thing with the secret service is we don't wait for something to happen, then react...
    Pickles, Pickles he's our man, if he can't do it, nobody can! Yeahhhhhhh, Pickles!

May I suggest a name change to something more confidence building, perhaps "Gerkin".

THE LIMOS
    He insists on the car being stocked with bottles of still water and Diet Coke. A special foam inside the armoured petrol tank prevents explosions
    Still water run deep, yes it do ohhh, ohhh yeah.....Like a bridge over troubled waters. We Americans are partial to the stuff because it soothes the soul. I would imagine any Brit worth his salt would prefer his water "shaken not stirred".

Since men don't drink "diet beverages", I guess it will be for the Mrs. It will be impregnated with a foam that will prevent it from spouting a geyser of cola if the can were to be mistakenly shaken.

The first six limos are known in spook-speak as the Secure Package

WAR WAGONS
    THE first War Wagon is a black Chevrolet suburban.
    Surely this is an error, the Ford Focus, standard factory edition, has been a tradition for some 50 years. Nothing says "bad ass war wagon" like a "suburban"

AMBULANCE

It has state-of-the-art resuscitation gear.
    Yes, an oxygen mask and a pair of hands.

SPOOKS

For this reason all security officers will be paid in Scooby snacks.

It costs £33,000 an hour to run, compared to about £4,300 for a commercial 747.

A third chartered jumbo carries diplomatic staff and other flunkeys
    Yes, this is just wasteful. Continental has some great specials going on right now and with layovers in just St Louis and NYC.

But to keep costs down, the President will only receive one package of pretzels during his flight and will not be allowed to view movies from the "adult selections" as they are $2.00 more than the regulars.

"Flunkies" - Don't you means his "posse"?

Anyway, maybe next time they can just have a cybervisit, held in some supersecret on-line chatroom, perhaps Soulseek.

edit- multiple edits due to local power failures.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    Poster
    A head of a foreign state is visiting our country. He will be afforded all of the hospitality and security that the people of the UK, through their Government can muster. This is only right and proper. The citizens of the USA, or at least some of them, may not approve of him. However the way we treat him is the way we treat your nation. You may not like it, but it is true. He is, to all intents and purposes, the USA visiting the UK

If people chose to object to this then it is their right to do so. I believe any American citizen would fully support and indeed encourage this right. Is it not the first amendment you made to your own constitution. Is it not a right that you hold dear. Freedom of expression.

So long as any demonstration is reasonable and lawful then no right thinking person should object to this. However if it is not then our Police will act, they will not as people like to suggest, provoke a reaction. It is the last thing they want. A success for them is a totally quiet and peaceful day. However they will not allow a small minority of the population of the UK speak for all of us by insulting the USA.

I welcome the President to our shores and hope that his stay is a good one and that it helps to cement our relationship.

Hobbes - if this makes me a "Homo" in your eyes, so be it.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #65
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    So you agree that every other President to visit should have been given a "State" welcome....the last one to receive a "State" welcome was before my Grandad was born.

If they had, i would agree with you...but this mongol is being given special treatment, even his father didnt get this.

Both Blaire and Bush are playing every card they can drag out...and i think it may backfire.

We never had a "State" visit for Carter or Clinton, both of which visited the UK and the North East of England..a regular stopover for US Presidents as the original Washington is here (The Town he was named after )

Clinton especially, despite the tendancy for his trousers to fall down, was a much more respected figure in the world at large as a Peace Maker, than Bush will ever be.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #66
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@19 November 2003 - 01:53
    So you agree that every other President to visit should have been given a "State" welcome....the last one to receive a "State" welcome was before my Grandad was born.

If they had, i would agree with you...but this mongol is being given special treatment, even his father didnt get this.

Both Blaire and Bush are playing every card they can drag out...and i think it may backfire.

We never had a "State" visit for Carter or Clinton, both of which visited the UK and the North East of England..a regular stopover for US Presidents as the original Washington is here (The Town he was named after )

Clinton especially, despite the tendancy for his trousers to fall down, was a much more respected figure in the world at large as a Peace Maker, than Bush will ever be.
    I cannot take your post seriously when you add an e to the name of our own Prime Minister.

Why are you describing the elected Head of State of the USA as a Mongol - what does that mean ?

Is this in fact a serious post, or are you having a laugh ?

There are too many offensive references in your post for me to take it as anything other than a parody.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #67
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    blair? this is the only blair i know

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #68
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    It likely would be different if Bush wasn't going on a State visit. A recent article in my newspaper speculated that it's all for the re-election campaigns. He's got the footage with the Pope, so now he needs the footage with the Queen.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. The Drawing Room   -   #69
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+19 November 2003 - 12:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 19 November 2003 - 12:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@19 November 2003 - 01:53

I cannot take your post seriously when you add an e to the name of our own Prime Minister.

Why are you describing the elected Head of State of the USA as a Mongol - what does that mean ?

Is this in fact a serious post, or are you having a laugh ?

There are too many offensive references in your post for me to take it as anything other than a parody. [/b][/quote]
    i think it may be that the &#39;e&#39; is due to it being right next to &#39;r&#39; [on the left]

i find calling bush a mongol is too flattering,
    the mongols did create/conquer the world&#39;s largest land empire
    [in bush&#39;s dreams]

@MN :: i like that logic, it makes a lot of sence

staying with lizzy in buk house probably save on the old security bottom line, no other leader stays in buk house? except maybe when other royals ruled europe, does anyone know?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567