Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Democracy be damned.

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Have you informed the customers of your family business about your new policy of debt repayment, i.e., debts can be ignored and ultimately, rejected?
    With Christmas coming up, they'll be overjoyed.
    They have a family business? Please tell me they're a hedge fund firm, please please please.
    No. They cut all the hedges down to enlarge their grazing area and create a breeding ground for tornadoes.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by rejectOfAllah View Post
    Yes and no...

All debts must be paid... that's how lending works.
    Funny. Who says that? Did you know that people invented a term called bankruptcy?
    If a sovereign state decides it will not pay its debt nobody can make it pay, thats current international law.
    Lending is one party telling the other it will pay back with or without interest. The risk might be you dont get you money back. No gain without risk.

The consequences might be severe but that was not the point.

A second thing though... How does an economy unity has to be equal inside to have one currency?
    The USA are a good example. Texas does better than other states... the question is how do they lend money and are they trustworthy... the EU has
    to prove itself. If Greece were to leave the monetary union thats it but others will not.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    Things are getting a little tight around. Yesterday Athens was the field of a rather strange battle. Police with tear gas vs a few hundred masked "protesters". In the middle a great crowd of around two hundred thousand people at first trying to protest and then running for their lives.

Probably there would be blood in the streets in the following weeks and there is a really dark future in front of us. The so called debt crisis is becoming a fight for living as 1/3 of the population is bellow poverty limit and the percentage is growing rapidly. Democracy is nearly forgotten and only a really strong sock can change things.
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Democracy is the problem. Democracies turn into dictatorships eventually. The good ole US of A is a Constitutional Republic. We have things in common with a Democracy but we are not a fucking Democracy!! No where will find Democracy mentioned in our founding papers or mentioned by the founders themselves. Democracies are mob rule, i.e. majority rule. Our Constitution was made to protect the minorities from the majority, separate the powers of the government, and enumerate governmental powers. We have strayed far from the course and heading towards a Democracy style government. Ask the ancient Greeks if Democracy works. They would say, "Fuck no!!".

About debt, debt you could say is made up. If you know about Fractional Reserve Banking, you would also know that banks only have to keep 10% of your money on hand or around that at any time. So say you deposit $10,000, the bank only has to keep $1000 of that on hand. It then turns around and loans out your money. It even loans out more than what it has on hand, vapor money. It is all digits in the computer or writing on paper. There isn't some machine at the bank making money so it can loan money to you. It loans out money it doesn't even have and says, "Hey you owe me bitch despite the fact that I essentially didn't do anything other than modify something on a computer and it isn't even my money." So in effect, they have enslaved you with your own money, debt.

Banks are an almost irresistible attraction for that element of our society which seeks unearned money.
    J. Edgar Hoover
    The present Federal Reserve System is a flagrant case of the Government's conferring a special privilege upon bankers. The Government hands to the banks its credit, at virtually no cost to the banks, to be loaned out by the bankers for their own private profit. Still worse, however, is the fact that it gives the bankers practically complete control of the amount of money that shall be in circulation. Not one dollar of these Federal Reserve notes gets into circulation without being borrowed into circulation and without someone paying interest to some bank to keep it circulating. Our present money system is a debt money system. Before a dollar can circulate, a debt must be created. Such a system assumes that you can borrow yourself out of debt.
    Willis A. Overholser
    It is perhaps well enough that the people of the Nation do not know or understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.
    Henry Ford
    Time to end Central Banking. It is a leech on society.
    Last edited by sandman_1; 02-14-2012 at 03:35 PM.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25

Heres a VIDEO With truth at its heart

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Poster
    glendower I think this is a fiction to stop the machine of life. It is a leech on society.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123