Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Firewall

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@14 November 2003 - 03:17
    oh wow if you run so low on words you can always flip open a dictionary, no need for stfu

anyways this topic is open for discussion i dont need to keep opinions to myself.

if you are so narrow minded about other ppl's opinions i suggest you turn off ur computer, go outside and yell "ooooosa" to strangers. Believe me, it'll do you some good
    Uhhh.......no

It's your uneducated opinion because of marketing bullshit that I crap on. You remind of all folks that say Microsoft has harmed the public AFTER there was a case brought against them. Get off the bandwagon.
    Test the product first smart guy........or else your "opinions" are good for nothing.
    They are shit that doesn't even stink. No purpose.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    Double Agent
    oh i have used norton, it's not any better than sygate or zonealarm.

it's all the same shit in different packages. However i am just trying to point out that zonealarm has been thoroghly tested by computer security experts and is ranked first on steve's website. and it's also what i recommand to ppl if they ask which firewall to use.

your attempt to bash my opinion was purely personal and unfounded. this forum would be better off without all the flaming and bashing and let the freedom of opinions flow.

uneducated opinion? i dont think so.

However if you wish to contine on this pointless exchange of flames and bashing so be it but you are wasting your time and my time.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    muchspl2
    you can't import the bad ip list into norton without putting them in 1 at a time, that alone kills them for me
    /.02

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Thank you guys (james bond+busyman) both. That was a very informative
    argu...um I mean discussion by the way is za compatiable with norton in any way
    and where can I get a hardware firewall?

I ? norton's credibity after I found out I had a virus that AVG found but
    Norton AV couldn't.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by trillscout@14 November 2003 - 05:37
    Thank you guys (james bond+busyman) both. That was a very informative
    argu...um I mean discussion by the way is za compatiable with norton in any way
    and where can I get a hardware firewall?

I ? norton's credibity after I found out I had a virus that AVG found but
    Norton AV couldn't.
    i am glad you pointed that out

i had norton corp antivirus installed however when i switched to trend micro i found server viruses/worms on my computer when norton wasn't able to detect prior.

never installed another norton antivirus again...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    muchspl2
    I left out my utter contempt for norton av as this was pertaining to firewall, norton av sucks a phat one and your better off not run a av if you run norton, well not really, but too many norton drones in general
    several times people I know have been compromised by virii and trojans using symatic products, don't believe the norton hype as far as firewall that works fine other than my original complaint about the bad ip list

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Norton is highly over rated cause of their slick GUI's and cause manufacturers deliver a Norton product if you buy their pc.
    For myself I use ZA PRO and Sygate PRo5 in turns.
    They both do their work good. Also both were splendid in the leaktest and portprobe (shields up) at http://www.grc.com
    But nevertheless I also have a anit-virus, anti-trojan and spy-adware removers. Unfortunately there isn't a programm that combines it all with good results.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by nostalgia@14 November 2003 - 07:40
    Norton is highly over rated cause of their slick GUI's and cause manufacturers deliver a Norton product if you buy their pc.
    For myself I use ZA PRO and Sygate PRo5 in turns.
    They both do their work good. Also both were splendid in the leaktest and portprobe (shields up) at http://www.grc.com
    But nevertheless I also have a anit-virus, anti-trojan and spy-adware removers. Unfortunately there isn't a programm that combines it all with good results.
    nicely summed up

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    Poster
    wut r firewalls and wut do firewalls do

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by h121589@15 November 2003 - 00:24
    wut r firewalls and wut do firewalls do

you need one almost as much as a constant running AV

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast