Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ANDROID: Apps you can't live without

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    I never really liked the stock android keyboard, neither the customized one provided by LG. Heard good things about HTC's IME, which comes preinstalled on some ROM's I've used before, but never paid attention to it. Some people just can't use any other keyboard.
    It's easy to find the .apk at XDA, if you can't find it, shoot me a PM.
    I feel like I'm giving off the impression that I use the stock keyboard. I don't use it either, currently using SlideIT. Works perfect for 1-thumb typing. The Galaxy S came preinstalled with an old version of Swype that you couldn't update. It was a godsend at the time as touch inaccuracies were what I most feared when finally getting a touchscreen phone.

Quote Originally Posted by timtebow View Post
    Google Goggles (good for barcodes, QR, and recognition of more famous buildings etc.)
    Didn't know Google had their own. Just as functional or better than Barcode Scanner I'm guessing?
    Last edited by mjmacky; 12-19-2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i use root explorer for file manager

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I feel like I'm giving off the impression that I use the stock keyboard. I don't use it either, currently using SlideIT. Works perfect for 1-thumb typing. The Galaxy S came preinstalled with an old version of Swype that you couldn't update. It was a godsend at the time as touch inaccuracies were what I most feared when finally getting a touchscreen phone.
    I never managed to get a grip with SlideIT, though with Swiftkey it was love at first sight.
    Its usage statistics say it has saved me over 13000 hits with its text prediction. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by esco123 View Post
    i use root explorer for file manager
    Total Commander was the shit until they removed it off the market, now I prefer Root Browser.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 12-31-2011 at 04:14 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Can I ask why you payed for SwiftKey? I use that too really great, although I don't think it saves me time typing think the statistics are there to make you believe you are. I use it simply because I love the pumpkin theme

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Because it was costing 10 cents on the market 10 billion downloads promotions couple of weeks ago.
    And I really believe its automated learning and statistics.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    I personally think the htc keyboard is better, but can't beat the pumpkin skin, and i don't think I've typed faster with SwiftKey, maybe because I typed pretty quick. I really wanted to use swype, but couldn't give it the time to adjust to, I found i had to think in order to type rather than just type naturally

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by esco123 View Post
    I personally think the htc keyboard is better, but can't beat the pumpkin skin, and i don't think I've typed faster with SwiftKey, maybe because I typed pretty quick. I really wanted to use swype, but couldn't give it the time to adjust to, I found i had to think in order to type rather than just type naturally
    Yeah, but think of it this way, whichever way you learn to type starts to feel natural after awhile. I used to be able to type quickly using the number pad, now I can type quickly sliding my right thumb around. Once we get holographic keyboards, I'm pretty sure I'll learn how to type quickly with karate motions.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Personally I have never tried the swype method, it never seemed it would work for me. I believe it can be useful for texting while driving though, but as swiftkey has an excellent error correction, I never saw the need to try something different.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Handcent
    RingDroid (inphone ringtone maker)
    Adobe Reader
    Documents To Go
    Dropbox
    File Expert
    AndroIRC
    Barnacle Wifi Tether (Life saver!)
    Dropbox

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by adulti View Post
    Handcent
    RingDroid (inphone ringtone maker)
    Adobe Reader
    Documents To Go
    Dropbox
    File Expert
    AndroIRC
    Barnacle Wifi Tether (Life saver!)
    Dropbox
    personally i prefer gosms, really good alternative text app.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast