Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oleg PM thread

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I think it's fair that we continue to be, and do, the sorts of things we have always done. However, the direct assaults (I've made a few ) , should be kept to times when he truly deserves it.

As for humor, I'm sure there is an acceptable line that we (being of poor taste, and character) will cross frequently.

All that I am saying here is that Oleg is as he presents himself. Beating on a troll/character is one thing- he's neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Who'd'a'thunk that MBM would turn out Jesus of the Rainmen. Me, that's who.

Happy new year.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by chavis View Post
    Who'd'a'thunk that MBM would turn out Jesus of the Rainmen. Me, that's who.

Happy new year.
    Fookin' hell... I never thought I'd agree on anything with chavis... always thought one of us would have put the other to sleep first... but I'm still kinda convinced Oleg's a troll... unless you can say you've met him personally MBM?
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsy View Post
    Fookin' hell... I never thought I'd agree on anything with chavis... always thought one of us would have put the other to sleep first... but I'm still kinda convinced Oleg's a troll... unless you can say you've met him personally MBM?
    I have. Video chat. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Oleg is exactly who he presents himself as.

EDIT- Now would Jesus of the Rainmen lie? I think not.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 01-01-2012 at 05:01 AM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    But what if Jesus was head Rainman??
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    I have. Video chat. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Oleg is exactly who he presents himself as.

Since we're on the topic, mind elaborating? I want to know some details. What did he say/do? How did he act?

If I'm wrong I'll post an apology. I'm a man of my word, but I also need some understanding behind my word.
    Ellipses go here.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsy View Post
    But what if Jesus was head Rainman??
    He would definitely tell the truth. Definitely. Twenty five minutes till the new year. Definitely a good New Year to all my friends. Definitely.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    Since we're on the topic, mind elaborating? I want to know some details. What did he say/do? How did he act?

If I'm wrong I'll post an apology. I'm a man of my word, but I also need some understanding behind my word.
    Oleg is set up with skype. I believe he would like to talk to you, as well, Rings. Oleg and I agreed to keep the content of our conversations private, and I will honor that agreement fully. I can tell you that there was nothing exaggerated in his actions- he wasn't trying to "act" like someone with his described disabilities. He wasn't trying to "prove" anything to me. We just talked. Our conversations went very much the way he posts when there is a topic that interests him. Overall, we spent a good hour to an hour and a half (between two conversations) just talking about life, television series, a bit about FST and its members, and some about disability itself.

I believe it will be easy for you to straighten things out with Oleg, Rings. Honestly, I lashed out at him for a while because I believed there was good reason for me to think I had been trolled into numerous conversations with him over an extended period of time. I regret doing so, and after talking to him personally, I won't be doing so anymore. As I said, he is exactly as he has described himself. He's not the kind of guy who would create an alternate persona. In fact, someone with real Asperger's struggles with finding one persona to present.

He presents himself, as he is, a kind and straight-forward man.

I hope this helps people understand that Oleg has never trolled, or tricked, anyone here, or anywhere else. Let's start the new year by viewing Oleg in this new perspective.

Definitely.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    I'm sorry but no. There isn't a person I met online with a picture of my face, much to the dismay of even my facebook friends who are surprised when my profile is all abstract art and private experimental dataset pictures. The best picture you can find of me in the cloud is one where I have two jackets, a wig, and sunglasses on. I may not show it here with all the personal details and whatnot, but I do take my privacy very seriously, even in real life: Ma belle is always annoyed when I ask her to remove pictures with me in them from her social network websites. I tell her she can frame her entire apartment with pictures of me, but not one of them sees the internet is the rule.

Call me a luddite (inaccurately), call me a compulsive personal detail control freak, label me as you see fit. But those 200x20 (or whatever the measurement was) pixels of my woman and I back to back in the gay beard thread actually hurt me when I post them. It's not something I do. Ever.

I'll take MBM's word for what it is, and I'll respect his opinion and am willing to talk to Oleg in PM's for days to undo whatever unrest I caused. However, skype is something I won't do. In advance, I'd like to apologize for any damage I did (knowingly or otherwise) cause, and I look forward to our healthy deliberation between two gentlemen soon, Oleg.
    Ellipses go here.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    I'll take MBM's word for what it is, and I'll respect his opinion and am willing to talk to Oleg in PM's for days to undo whatever unrest I caused. However, skype is something I won't do. In advance, I'd like to apologize for any damage I did (knowingly or otherwise) cause, and I look forward to our healthy deliberation between two gentlemen soon, Oleg.
    I can kinda understand your concerns, Quasimodo. Oleg was the second person I've ever talked to via video. And, with the uncertainty of whether, or not, he was "real" gave me some concerns, as well. Had he been a troll, I would have certainly been taken further in his game. Not something I really was excited about risking. However, there was nothing that gave me concern once I began talking to him. It all fit. Everything he has ever posted fit with who he has been saying he was all along. He's got Asperger's. He's uncertain about what people mean when they post strange (out of character) posts. Beyond that, his native language is NOT English.

I appreciate that you are willing to work through the past. You weren't trolled. None of the time you spent talking to him was wasted on someone's online persona.

Perhaps someday, you might even be willing to have a chat with him, Mr. Verger.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast