Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oleg PM thread

manker's Avatar effendi
    You just can't whack foreigners who speak English better than most English people.
    It's one of my favourite things about the internets and forums specifically.

I think that they, as a group, are a large part of why I've come to frame my prose so particularly. If they make such herculean efforts to be lucid, then it would be a poor show indeed if I didn't apostrophicise correctly, for example.

As to Oleg, I'm not sure if I can care about it at the moment. Since I started posting here again, I think I've only seen the chap comment on a couple of threads.
    Post more, Oleg, and we'll see because one of my favourite posters ever on fst has Aspergers - and she is extremely witty and clever and might punch me in the dick if I said aught else
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    After speaking to the man for a good hour+ over 2 conversations, I am absolutely convinced that Oleg is 100% who he says he is. I believe there is an understood rule that we don't pick on real people we know have disabilities.

there will be times that he gets annoying, and by no means should he have carte blanche to run amuck. However, he's a good, kind guy who has some compulsions, and difficulties understanding human interactions.

We discussed the way people interact on this bored, and I explained that this site (and the internet, in general) is a poor place to learn how people behave. I explained that many see themselves as characters here, and not as real people. Things said/done here do not represent real life. I believe that helped him feel a bit more comfortable with how some people have acted in the past.

As I said, Oleg is 100% who he has said he is. Honestly, if you met him, you would understand that he is not the kind of person who would act in any other manner. He does not present a "character", a troll, or a game player. He is who he is.

Hopefully this will settle the long-running question once and for all.
    Salient point this is the internet .While I'm here the only thing I'm certain of is that I have a lot of better things that I could be doing.
    So proof or it didn't happen.

Btw I don't expect/want any proof of anything.I could go with Darth Rings fucking off a good deal more than he does but that unfortunately doesn't appear to be on the table.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Btw I don't expect/want any proof of anything.I could go with Darth Rings fucking off a good deal more than he does but that unfortunately doesn't appear to be on the table.
    I still have no idea which of your sister's panties I pished on.
    Ellipses go here.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    What you're trying to say is that you wore more than the one pair then?
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    What you're trying to say is that you wore more than the one pair then?
    Not at the same time. That would be silly.
    Ellipses go here.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    Since we're on the topic, mind elaborating? I want to know some details. What did he say/do? How did he act?

If I'm wrong I'll post an apology. I'm a man of my word, but I also need some understanding behind my word.
    Oleg is set up with skype. I believe he would like to talk to you, as well, Rings. Oleg and I agreed to keep the content of our conversations private, and I will honor that agreement fully. I can tell you that there was nothing exaggerated in his actions- he wasn't trying to "act" like someone with his described disabilities. He wasn't trying to "prove" anything to me. We just talked. Our conversations went very much the way he posts when there is a topic that interests him. Overall, we spent a good hour to an hour and a half (between two conversations) just talking about life, television series, a bit about FST and its members, and some about disability itself.

I believe it will be easy for you to straighten things out with Oleg, Rings. Honestly, I lashed out at him for a while because I believed there was good reason for me to think I had been trolled into numerous conversations with him over an extended period of time. I regret doing so, and after talking to him personally, I won't be doing so anymore. As I said, he is exactly as he has described himself. He's not the kind of guy who would create an alternate persona. In fact, someone with real Asperger's struggles with finding one persona to present.

He presents himself, as he is, a kind and straight-forward man.

I hope this helps people understand that Oleg has never trolled, or tricked, anyone here, or anywhere else. Let's start the new year by viewing Oleg in this new perspective.

Definitely.
    He's Uri Geller isn't he?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Darth Rings, now I am able to understand your point of view. I did (and still do) weird things. For example, I draw attention to myself on public boards or bittorrent trackers; I irritate people... So, now I know what people don't like about me.
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Megabyteme you big fairy, I go away for the holidays and you turn into Rimmer after the emohawk got him and deprive me of my favorite troll! ffs what's wrong with the world

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. Lounge   -   #29
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I had to look up the reference to "Rimmer".

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Rimmer, the name of once of the companions of the last human alive David Lister from Red Dwarf as british sitcom. His full name is Arnold Judas Rimmer and failed the astro-navigation exam no less than 13 times. He is dispised by all but in one episode of Red Dwarf his much more dashing self from another Dimension appears, Ace Rimmer who everone, Except Arnold J Rimmer, likes.
    Personally, I blame the Christmas Spirit. It gets the best of us. Sometimes...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I had to look up the reference to "Rimmer".

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Rimmer, the name of once of the companions of the last human alive David Lister from Red Dwarf as british sitcom. His full name is Arnold Judas Rimmer and failed the astro-navigation exam no less than 13 times. He is dispised by all but in one episode of Red Dwarf his much more dashing self from another Dimension appears, Ace Rimmer who everone, Except Arnold J Rimmer, likes.
    Personally, I blame the Christmas Spirit. It gets the best of us. Sometimes...
    You complete and utter visigoth MBM, you've never heard of Red Dwarf ??????????? Instead of downloading some of the drivel others have been recommending from the TV & Movies fred download a season or two of Red Dwarf, you're in for a treat.

Since you are completely in the dark (you numpty) the episode I am talking about is Emohawk: Polymorph II, in which the emohawk sucks an emotion out of each of the crewmembers. In Rimmer's case it was his rage, leaving him a tree hugging, vegan, caring for all of gods creatures, let's all discuss everything in group, newage hippy freak....sort of like your 'Christmas Spirit' really, or did your cuzzin just whip up a bad batch of 'shine ?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast