Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Oleg PM thread

chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I had to look up the reference to "Rimmer".

Personally, I blame the Christmas Spirit. It gets the best of us. Sometimes...
    You complete and utter visigoth MBM, you've never heard of Red Dwarf ??????????? Instead of downloading some of the drivel others have been recommending from the TV & Movies fred download a season or two of Red Dwarf, you're in for a treat.

Since you are completely in the dark (you numpty) the episode I am talking about is Emohawk: Polymorph II, in which the emohawk sucks an emotion out of each of the crewmembers. In Rimmer's case it was his rage, leaving him a tree hugging, vegan, caring for all of gods creatures, let's all discuss everything in group, newage hippy freak....sort of like your 'Christmas Spirit' really, or did your cuzzin just whip up a bad batch of 'shine ?
    They made a merkin pilot back in 1992. It was the wank to end all wanks. Story goes that Grant & Naylor wrote a decent script, but it ended up getting binned by the yanks and they produced this utter smegma below, which cannibalises and c&p's jokes from the full canon of the original completely out of context. Holly is that bint off of Frazier for fuck sake.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Now you know, I've always cringed at merkin makeovers of British comedy, well not just comedy really, the U.S. edition of Life on Mars was pretty fucking bad, but that wins by a very long country mile. They took a classic , nicked bits from all over the place, added a very clean looking Lister, an exceedingly gay sounding Rimmer and even had Rimmer calling Lister a smeghead at the end, but at least they talk with an American accent.
    That sucks so hard I'm surprised it didn't have an embolism, Robert Llewelyn should be hung drawn and quartered for even thinking of turning up for such schlock.
    That is truly absolutely awful, I even watched the second part of the pilot and yes I was right it got worse, alot worse. That was exactly like poking away at the cut at the back of your mouth with your tongue, it really hurts but you can't stop.
    Actually even the merkin Time Team is pretty awful, their Antiques Roadshow is all about the money rather than the provenance of the object, but if you piled all the crap remakes together they still couldn't get close to how deeply, stupendously, monumentally fucking awful that was, I bow to your incredibly bad taste Chavis.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. Lounge   -   #33
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    That Red Dwarf pilot was awesome! If that's the dumbed down, Merkin version, I can only imagine how funny it is with over-pronounced, monotone dialog, and production values that are 10+ years less advanced. Call me a new fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Now you know, I've always cringed at merkin makeovers of British comedy, well not just comedy really, the U.S. edition of Life on Mars was pretty fucking bad, but that wins by a very long country mile. They took a classic , nicked bits from all over the place, added a very clean looking Lister, an exceedingly gay sounding Rimmer and even had Rimmer calling Lister a smeghead at the end, but at least they talk with an American accent. That sucks so hard I'm surprised it didn't have an embolism, Robert Llewelyn should be hung drawn and quartered for even thinking of turning up for such schlock. That is truly absolutely awful, I even watched the second part of the pilot and yes I was right it got worse, alot worse. That was exactly like poking away at the cut at the back of your mouth with your tongue, it really hurts but you can't stop. Actually even the merkin Time Team is pretty awful, their Antiques Roadshow is all about the money rather than the provenance of the object, but if you piled all the crap remakes together they still couldn't get close to how deeply, stupendously, monumentally fucking awful that was, I bow to your incredibly bad taste Chavis.
    Glad you enjoyed it. I was pretty sure you'd've already seen it, to be honest. Proper mangle job or wot?

I'd complain more if it actually made it to air. Even TV execs, it seems, retain a modicum of taste. I would urge MBM to view the original, though. They genesised some original sci-fi stuff and they convoluted, mashed and enhanced the rest.

A kinda jumping-off point from Douglas Adams, I've always thought, like.
    Last edited by chalice; 01-03-2012 at 10:53 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Is that the whole episode because I failed to see any dwarfs in it?

Also because clearly no one cares, Jane Leeves who rose to fame on Frasier got her start on Benny Hill.

Respect my lack of authority.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Here are some Red Dwarf Dwarves for you Idol (not merkin ones but you get the idea).

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by chavis
    A kinda jumping-off point from Douglas Adams, I've always thought, like.
    I still love a quote from the beginning of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy :

Council Inspector 'Have you any idea how much damage that bulldozer would suffer if I let it roll right over you ?'
    Arthur Dent ' How much ?'
    Council Inspector 'None at all'

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    I still love a quote from the beginning of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy :

Council Inspector 'Have you any idea how much damage that bulldozer would suffer if I let it roll right over you ?'
    Arthur Dent ' How much ?'
    Council Inspector 'None at all'

"Coincidentally none it all is exactly how much [blargh] suspected that his dear friend was from a different planet."

That quote still rings around in my head every now and again, although by now I've already discarded all the character and planet names.
    Ellipses go here.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings
    "Coincidentally none it all is exactly how much [blargh] suspected that his dear friend was from a different planet."

That quote still rings around in my head every now and again, although by now I've already discarded all the character and planet names.
    Cursed with a retentive memory for weird shit, without reference to an internet search engine, blargh = Arthur Dent, his dear friend = Ford Prefect, ably helped by Trillian (Trisha McMillan), Zaphod Beeblebrox and Marvin the paranoid android.

My favorite character name though, has to be Eccentrica Galumbits, the tripled breasted whore from Eroticon 6.
    Last edited by Artemis; 01-04-2012 at 03:03 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    I'm so private, it's as if I don't really exist

However, skype is something I won't do. In advance, I'd like to apologize for any damage I did (knowingly or otherwise) cause, and I look forward to our healthy deliberation between two gentlemen soon, Oleg.
    None of that dismisses the possibility of hanging a black curtain in the background and you talking to him while wearing a Guy Fawkes mask.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast