Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: CN Again Again...

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadPoet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaucon
    If only we'd actually see it.
    Don't be baby crying for a candy, it won't do good for ya.
    Not sure which part implied I wished to join, or that I was a baby. I merely jested at the secrecy surrounding it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    DeadPoet's Avatar Poster
    Allright, my mistake.
    It's just annoying to look at those "whats the url", "where's my invite I was a member of CN before", ''show some screens" posts and I took you for one of those cry-babies as I didn't check threads previous pages. We cool now? :3
    Last edited by DeadPoet; 01-12-2012 at 09:35 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadPoet View Post
    Allright, my mistake.
    It's just annoying to look at those "whats the url", "where's my invite I was a member of CN before", ''show some screens" posts and I took you for one of those cry-babies as I didn't check threads previous pages. We cool now? :3
    About 37 degrees Celsius, yeah.

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by bumrocks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    How many times will CN get knocked down and get back up the exact same way, before they realize that their org structure is needlessly inefficient and complex and doesn't even gel or work to complement the protocol?

Maan, it seems incredible amounts of effort and dedication are poured into these CN sites, but I see nothing ever really being accomplished in the long run, except maybe a forum for cliche btnerd small-talk and bonding. Amirite? (By the way I don't know why I pick on CN because there are soooo many sites that fail or stagnate much more definitively, so if this is bashing it is meant in the nicest way possible)
    I'd notch this one up as constructive criticism. Can't say as I have a real argument for you there except the site does not have to be complex. There is nothing wrong with using it like any other site and simply getting movies. Higher classes don't get extra releases or anything. But yes, it can be complex or brain aching to figure some of the shit out if you want to use and access varying features...

Imo, you have hit the nail somewhat on the head. My hope is that shit works out. There are extremely capable people there. If they can gel together then there is a lot of potential. We'll have to wait this one out to see...
    Yeah I commend the coders and management for the work they put into the site, which is pretty crucial in order to succeed. Hopefully you guys can get the other pieces put in place right this time, and not make the same decisions as before moving forward.

In my opinion there is too much focus on micro-managing and control, and not enough on the big picture. But that is just me, and I understand it's hard if not impossible to avoid this when the goal is to be a closed community tracker from day one.

A good example of what I believe fosters success, is a new tracker called Alpha-Omega, because they established themselves with a pretty open policy from the beginnning. Sure they will get lots of the types they might not ideally want, but I think they understand you can't build an 'elite' userbase overnight and that there are no shortcuts in this business. If CN wants to be a household tracker name 5 years from now instead of right now, they might want to rethink the recruitment structure. Interviews and invites are higher effort mediums on staff side, when compared to sporadic open signups. And I think they are taking a massive chunk out of their potential initial core userbase by doing this. Hard to argue that the benefits of making trades and such harder to make, actually outweight the negative that is this huge loss in userbase. Time would be better spent by starting with a huge pool of users and then over time systematically removing the cheaters. And disabling for inactivity also has no benefit but comes with the negative impact of losing a potential future core user. Alot of established trackers do this, and I think the newer ones that copy this same rule are not really thinking for themselves.

Hope some of this is useful, whether or not you agree with it.
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 01-14-2012 at 09:01 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    It was decided that the Member base was going to be small from the beginning - only 1500. They have no desire to be a big tracker, just an active one for their members. I was the one that pushed for open signups on TBH - because it was stagnant, and needed more activity...it lasted until redhat got his first few donations and fucked off leaving us high and dry lol.

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by JebusAT View Post
    It was decided that the Member base was going to be small from the beginning - only 1500. They have no desire to be a big tracker, just an active one for their members.
    Open signups have very little to do with whether or not a tracker is going to be huge or small. And yeah that figures management thinks this because it was said in the topic post. Am doubtful this version will even be as successful as predecessors if that doesn't change, especially as the core members realize these sites are temporary and also a relative waste of time. But I guess we always need our token stepping-stone trackers around to maintain hierarchy. And almost ironically because of this, they will mainly attract 'those' sorts of members (see below).
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 01-14-2012 at 10:54 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    TTS's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    What do you want for CN inv ?

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by TTS View Post
    I want you to get a fuckin job, then a life and then maybe some pussy to pound on a regular basis-lol

Originally Posted by MoRbIdAnGeL
    ​sheriff 01 fuck off away from me you idiot and go elsewhere do with each other cretin I have in ass you and your photos and do not spam my thread

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    Quote Originally Posted by sheriff 01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TTS View Post
    I want you to get a fuckin job, then a life and then maybe some pussy to pound on a regular basis-lol
    I would take all of those without wanting a trade lol. Nice line though

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    PTP is the best movie tracker, CN will never achieve this level

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast