Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaps From Vegetaria.

summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    hope you are reading posts with a your mind open to enlightenment,
    I try to...

Evidence is subjective, 1 scientist proves something, another will say different....

What is un-natural in 2003? Wearing clothes is as un-natural as refusing to eat meat....

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by summerlinda@16 November 2003 - 00:54
    I try to...

Evidence is subjective, 1 scientist proves something, another will say different....

What is un-natural in 2003? Wearing clothes is as un-natural as refusing to eat meat....

Wearing clothes is not a biological function.

It is a response to a harsh environment. Some people wear little or no clothes.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    A lot of vegetarians i know, myself included, choose to be so because of the appalling state of the meat industry. Modern intensive livestock farming is great at getting cheap meat on your plate, but there's nothing at all natural about it.

Many years ago now, i watched a documentary on abbatoirs where an investigative journalist filmed undercover. Amongst other things, the site and sound of a live pig hanging from a hook through its jaw in a blood soaked room surrounded by other pigs, was enough to make me think long and hard about what goes on behind the scenes of the meat industry.

These arguments always come down to the same ignorance. Yeah, but, meat tastes good..... and, we are meant to eat meat..... Bacon Sandwiches......

If anyone chooses to live by a strict diet out of compassion for animals, why the hell should they have to defend themself?

If your purpose wasn't to bait, JPaul, what was it? Of course most vegetarians feed their dogs meat, what else are they going to feed them? Just because someone chooses to live a certain way, that doesn't mean they are going to impose that on others, least of all their pets. You knew this so you though you'd try to provoke a reaction. Why do you think you feel the need to do this?

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Originally posted by summerlinda@16 November 2003 - 00:54
    I try to...

You cannot digest cellulose, that is not subjective.

If you were to take a closed experimental ecosystem in which the calories available were exactly sufficient for survival and add a group of vegetarians, you would come back later to find everyone dead.

Why would those vegetarians eat all those plants which could have been better utilized by the herbivores. They wasted so many calories, which could have been saved, that everyone starved. Not natural.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@16 November 2003 - 01:39
    A lot of vegetarians i know, myself included, choose to be so because of the appalling state of the meat industry. Modern intensive livestock farming is great at getting cheap meat on your plate, but there's nothing at all natural about it.

Many years ago now, i watched a documentary on abbatoirs where an investigative journalist filmed undercover. Amongst other things, the site and sound of a live pig hanging from a hook through its jaw in a blood soaked room surrounded by other pigs, was enough to make me think long and hard about what goes on behind the scenes of the meat industry.

These arguments always come down to the same ignorance. Yeah, but, meat tastes good..... and, we are meant to eat meat..... Bacon Sandwiches......

If anyone chooses to live by a strict diet out of compassion for animals, why the hell should they have to defend themself?

If your purpose wasn't to bait, JPaul, what was it? Of course most vegetarians feed their dogs meat, what else are they going to feed them? Just because someone chooses to live a certain way, that doesn't mean they are going to impose that on others, least of all their pets. You knew this so you though you'd try to provoke a reaction. Why do you think you feel the need to do this?
    Wouldn't it be nice if you actually read the thread? Or do you feel that you are so special that you are sure that whatever has been discussed before could not be as important as what you are saying.

Do your homework, that has been discussed and JPaul has agreed with your viewpoint.

edit: Yes, a bit harsh, but I guess my pet peeve is people who do not invest the time to research a thread tend to cause the flow to eddy, rather than to progress.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+16 November 2003 - 01:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 16 November 2003 - 01:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LTJBukem@16 November 2003 - 01:39
    A lot of vegetarians i know, myself included, choose to be so because of the appalling state of the meat industry. Modern intensive livestock farming is great at getting cheap meat on your plate, but there&#39;s nothing at all natural about it.

If your purpose wasn&#39;t to bait, JPaul, what was it? Of course most vegetarians feed their dogs meat, what else are they going to feed them? Just because someone chooses to live a certain way, that doesn&#39;t mean they are going to impose that on others, least of all their pets. You knew this so you though you&#39;d try to provoke a reaction. Why do you think you feel the need to do this?
    Wouldn&#39;t it be nice if you actually read the thread? Or do you feel that you are so special that you are sure that whatever has been discussed before could not be as important as what you are saying.

Do your homework, that has been discussed and JPaul has agreed with your viewpoint.

edit: Yes, a bit harsh, but I guess my pet peeve is people who do not invest the time to research a thread tend to cause the flow to eddy, rather than to progress. [/b][/quote]
    Just because something appears harsh does not mean that it is not also true.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    I had read the thread, and have now reread it. Having done so i stand by what i said. What was your point JPol?

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Poster
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@16 November 2003 - 01:52
    I had read the thread, and have now reread it. Having done so i stand by what i said. What was your point JPol?
    I was wondering what vegetarians fed their pets.

Particularly if the particular pet would normally be a carnivore, or indeed live on insects etc.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    But you already knew the answer to that question. Or are you genuinely confused whether veggies feed there pet spiders and lizards vegetables rather than insects? You&#39;re an intelligent guy, you were baiting.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    im confused too.

lamsey said hed only feed a dog veggie stuff.

but i dont think a dog would just eat vegetables

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast