Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    That brought a smile to my face.I would have laughed but for the fact there was no actual human suffering involved.
    Something like this:

I'm a little frightened...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #552
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "Ping Pong" balls made my night Meg..... Thank you.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

3. Movies & TV   -   #553
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

I'm a little frightened...
    How come if the term is "a little frightened" then the corresponding term isn't "a big frightened"?
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #554
    I believe the corresponding term is simply to hand in your man card.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #555
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, but you must have one first.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

6. Movies & TV   -   #556
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    Edge of Tomorrow ...a decent movie, well directed, unique story or plot line. Lots of scifi action!

Overall very entertaining!

(Really wanted Bill Paxton to say, "Game Over Man, GAME OVER!" like he did in the "Aliens" movie for those who viewed it way back when.)
    I've read your review a few times Stehle and gone away going be nice, it was a good movie, be nice, it was a good movie and it's true it is a good move but a unique story.... honestly all the way through I was going this is Groundhog Day with big fuck off guns and armoured suits. The movie is a pastiche of a lot of other ideas and there is the all pervading feeling that you have seen it before.

There was also one massively gigantic plot hole at the start. The General thanks his advertising genius who has just given him thousands of new recruits by falsifying reports of him impersonating an officer and sending him to the front line as cannon fodder.... really....??????? Why exactly would he do that? embolism?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. Movies & TV   -   #557
    The Equalizer: More Charles Bronson with a little Michael Myers sprinkled in than Edward Woodward.

The movie starts out really well but falls victim to a severe case of the stupids about the time the main villain is introduced and steadily degenerates into the truly implausible by the end.

If the director had had the sense or restraint to keep things '"smaller" and if not realistic then in the same area code at least ( I'm not going to use the assault rifle of the thug that I just killed because using a garden implement seems a lot more sporting) then he might have been onto something.

Anyway Denzel's OK if you can overlook the fact he already did pretty much the exact same thing in Man on Fire and Safe House so I'm assuming he and Liam Neeson are in some sort of contest as to who can play the same character in the most movies.

Didn't hate it but besides making me nostalgic for the original it left me feeling a little empty. As I didn't really give a review I'll quantify everything and give it a 4.5/10.

8. Movies & TV   -   #558
    Morgan Freeman would have been the better the better Equalizer- having come up on the Street...

9. Movies & TV   -   #559
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Morgan Freeman would have been the better the better Equalizer- having come up on the Street...
    Too Morgan Freemanish.

I think the role needed someone middle-aged and milquetoast on the outside but steel underneath.Who that is I have no idea ,De Niro of a few years ago and not so New Yorkish, could pull it off maybe.Either that or Clark Kent.He's real,right?
    Denzel is always going to strike you as the man of action type and that works against the character( when Woodard showed up people were given to thinking it was practical joke or something until asses started getting kicked) but that is the very least of this movie's problems.

10. Movies & TV   -   #560
    I liked the Equalizer series. Much of its strength came from being protected by forces that were not available to "mere" civilians. When pressures were made, it was shown to these local-type criminals what pressure means.

There seems to be an element from the original that is somehow out-of-place.

Still intend to steal the shit out of the movie, just wish it could have maintaines some of its roots a little better...