Page 57 of 75 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758596067 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    ...(Really wanted Bill Paxton to say, "Game Over Man, GAME OVER!" like he did in the "Aliens" movie for those who viewed it way back when.)
    I've read your review a few times Stehle and gone away going be nice, it was a good movie, be nice, it was a good movie and it's true it is a good move but a unique story.... honestly all the way through I was going this is Groundhog Day with big fuck off guns and armoured suits. The movie is a pastiche of a lot of other ideas and there is the all pervading feeling that you have seen it before.

There was also one massively gigantic plot hole at the start. The General thanks his advertising genius who has just given him thousands of new recruits by falsifying reports of him impersonating an officer and sending him to the front line as cannon fodder.... really....??????? Why exactly would he do that? embolism?
    Yes, I do agree with many of your sentiments and I thank you for pointing them out. My critical evaluation was perhaps swayed by the entertainment value, (that I experienced) and the fact I hadn't heard Bill Paxton's statement from a previous movie, (running joke / catch phrase in my family since watching the "Aliens" movie). I am sorry I was so narrow minded in my evaluation and hope the members can excuse that narrow mindedness.
    Last edited by Stehle; 10-07-2014 at 07:50 PM. Reason: ...and Bill Murray had to DIE in every reset.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Movies & TV   -   #562
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    My critical evaluation was perhaps swayed by the entertainment value, (that I experienced)
    I'm with you on movies receiving extra leeway for entertainment value. Idol and I have gone rounds over this. Of course, he's about as much fun as a bag of wet cement.

Unfortunately, Cruise's version of Groundhog Day was about as charming. I simply could not care for the characters, nor their plight. Their deaths were repeatedly unemotional.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #563
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    My critical evaluation was perhaps swayed by the entertainment value, (that I experienced)
    I'm with you on movies receiving extra leeway for entertainment value. Idol and I have gone rounds over this. Of course, he's about as much fun as a bag of wet cement.
    You seemed to have missed the "critical " part of "critical evaluation". There's a big difference between liking something and seeing the true worth of something.If you don't believe me then just ask your children.

Anyway I suggest you start a thread entitled "movies that are sort of shite but I still like them anyway " because I'm sure we all have seen more of those than we have the good ones.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #564
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I "believe" that was meant as a dark sort of humor or comic relief than graduating into his reluctance to lose forever his as of yet unrequited lady love.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

5. Movies & TV   -   #565
    MEMBERS that are sort of shite but I still like them anyway :
    Idol
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #566
    I Watched Annabelle. Well it is definitely scary enough for the faint-hearted like me!

7. Movies & TV   -   #567
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by MyExclusiveCondo View Post
    I Watched Annabelle. Well it is definitely scary enough for the faint-hearted like me!
    You say that you're illiterate fainthearted so I'm going to need you to quantify things to get a better understanding exactly how scary it was.

Did you pee your pants 6 or more times? 3-5 times ? Less than 3 times?You did pee yourself but that is a regular occurrence and had nothing to do with the movie?

As always,thanking you in advance because apparently that's a thing.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Movies & TV   -   #568
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    WOW!.. I need to see that movie!

(Having urination problems now stating with my advance age... that movie may break that streak! (Pun Intended) )
    Last edited by Stehle; 10-15-2014 at 12:10 AM. Reason: I.P. Daily and his hit song "Yellow River"

9. Movies & TV   -   #569
    WOW!.. I need to see that movie!

(Having urination problems now stating with my advance age... that movie may break that streak! (Pun Intended) )
    Nah, you are just too onboard with Florida's "conserve water" campaign.

10. Movies & TV   -   #570
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    FYI... Tropical Fish (as most if not all fish), without watching scary movies swim in there own urine.

(Feces too, but to dispel the misnomer there are NO species that actually eat it.)