Page 59 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9495657585960616269 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Cartoon.Last one I tried to watch was the universally praised Frozen and I couldn't even make it through five minutes of that.True story.

Been tempted as good War movies are really about friendship and courage more than guns and killing.

No thanks I get quite enough of low-lifes with no redeeming qualities here.

I make it a rule never to watch stuff containing the now haggard form of a formally nubile young woman I once had a crush on as it's too depressing.
    Believe me this is quite limiting so I'd appreciate it if they would stop making movies with women over 30 in them.

See low-life comment.

Not unless in was the last movie on Earth and then I'd probably still do the judicious thing and kill myself first.

Btw this is obviously all based on wild speculation and personal prejudice so odds are it's accurate.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #582
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    If it helps, Frozen has been played over 2.7 brazillion times here, and I have not managed to sit through it all yet. Book of Life is FAR superior, IMO. In fact, I believe you will especially like the themes. Give it 30 minutes of your attention, and see if you don't keep watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #583
    Does Tatum O'Neal's Carol Channing's Tatum Channing's Channing Tatum's character die?If not give it up,cartoon boy.

4. Movies & TV   -   #584
    One of the most gruesome deaths ever filmed in a cartoon. In fact, it is rumored the film was given an NC-17 rating prior to final editing...

I'd appreciate it if they would stop making movies with women over 30 in them.
    But they play totally convincing teenagers.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 01-01-2015 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #585
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

Fury A big budget movie that delivers. I'm not a huge fan of war movies, but my hesitation towards this was not deserved.
    OK so I watched Fury and while not a bad film it seemed to fall into the current trend of films with no real ending.I mean if basically your whole movie is a setup for this heroic last stand those fortunate to be left standing deserve some better closure.

Look I and presumably anyone old enough to realize that CoD isn't real realize that war is Hell so if that was the intent of the blank space where an epilogue should have gone then that was two hours wasted on telling everyone something they already knew.

Basically this was Band of Brothers in a tank but with less likable characters.So at least for me at least it was sort of pointless.
    Personally I'd rather watch Audie Murphy in To Hell and Back because at least the lone guy on top of a tank improbably holding off an army while hokey is true.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-02-2015 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Rart is still ghey.

6. Movies & TV   -   #586
    OK so I watched Fury and while not a bad film it seemed to fall into the current trend of films with no real ending.I mean if basically your whole movie is a setup for this heroic last stand those fortunate to be left standing deserve some better closure.
    What? Didn't you see him ride off over a candy-sprinkled rainbow riding a unicorn? Obviously, you didn't watch all the way through the credits.

7. Movies & TV   -   #587
    All I'm saying is if this were a novel it would be missing the last chapter or at least the last paragraph.

There's a saying that goes "It's not how you start but how you finish".After sitting through two hours of murder and mayhem I think the audience deserves a little better than to be left with just some vague sense of ennui.

Anyway as you know it's entertainment so I don't like downbeat.If I need to be depressed I'll watch the news or log onto FST.Only an idiot wants something other than to be left with a feeling of satisfaction.

8. Movies & TV   -   #588
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Boyhood was not as good as I was expecting it to be. I never got to see anyone's boyhood... what a fucking ripoff.

So, the story had a lot of scenes that very nearly paralleled my upbringing, but they in no way resonated with me, at least not the way Radio Flyer had done in the past. Maybe the magic is gone because I'm less impressionable, which means the world is only going to suck more. Yay.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. Movies & TV   -   #589
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    So, the story had a lot of scenes that very nearly paralleled my upbringing, but they in no way resonated with me, at least not the way Radio Flyer had done in the past.
    Radio Flyer is a special story told in a very unique, touching way. I am teetering on seeing Boyhood, and will probably do so in the next couple of days.

Watched Poker Night (2014) last night. Had strong hopes for it during the first 1/3, but the method used to tell the story (which was initially strong) fell apart and got a bit tedious. I think a better editor on the project could have made a stronger show. Seems like they were trying too hard to create another Saw series, which wouldn't really work with the narration. Good cast of "B" actors who were not at fault, IMO. 5/10.

10. Movies & TV   -   #590
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    So, the story had a lot of scenes that very nearly paralleled my upbringing, but they in no way resonated with me, at least not the way Radio Flyer had done in the past.
    Radio Flyer is a special story told in a very unique, touching way. I am teetering on seeing Boyhood, and will probably do so in the next couple of days.
    Award-wise it's cleaning up and stands a good chance of winning at least a couple Oscars which is a good indication that it's pompous drivel that artless industry types latch onto in the hopes of seeming less artless.

Anyway for what it's worth and because clearly I don't know what I'm talking about........

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1065073/...?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Btw this is a fascinating insight into the human psyche where a bunch of people slag a guy while at the same time trying to say something like" if you haven't got anything good to say then don't say it".

I guess opinions are wonderful just as long as they don't happen to differ from your own.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-02-2015 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost