Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 155562636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    You were supposed to say, "with it's nose, of corse".
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

2. Movies & TV   -   #642
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    3 idiots

A 2 cents movie for dizzy chicks and "let's have a drink " generation, smart enough for those who have finished college in recent years and the ever-present love story for americans (who swore off that, except them, all are drug addicts), but also for romantic kiddos who fall in love whenever they see an iphone or a benefit card.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

3. Movies & TV   -   #643
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    3 idiots

A 2 cents movie for dizzy chicks and "let's have a drink " generation, smart enough for those who have finished college in recent years and the ever-present love story for americans (who swore off that, except them, all are drug addicts), but also for romantic kiddos who fall in love whenever they see an iphone or a benefit card.
    You didn't provide a link , so who are the other two idiots?
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #644

5. Movies & TV   -   #645
    I already knew that but if my honours degree in History has taught me anything beyond the obvious "don't waste four years of your life getting an honours History degree", it's never subject yourself to any Indian movie.

6. Movies & TV   -   #646
    Well, I'm not an idiot, if you are really interested!

7. Movies & TV   -   #647
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    Well, I'm not an idiot, if you are really interested!
    You've just created a conditional statement, so I'd say he's not interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Movies & TV   -   #648
    Let's call this a review even though it's more a vent as I'm come to realize that given it's membership, posting stuff on FST is essentially whatever less than pointless is called.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (2015)

First let me state I wish that I had access to the same drugs that the people who gave it a 7.6 on IMDB have because those must be seriously good hallucinogens.

This movie isn't just bad, it's Heroes Reborn level bad. It's beyond my comprehension how someone like Guy Ritchie who has already made a bunch of films one and two of which are not even painful to sit through can be so oblivious to what actually makes a movie good.Like characters you have some investment in and action that isn't simply there so some wank director can put in a bunch of his "signature" shots which do little but function to obscure what little is taking place.

Also the writing is truly horrible as I assume it was intended to be a spy movie but plays more like a mystery if a mystery is what you call a bunch of shite gags connected by not telling the audience what is actually going on.And it certainly isn't helped by the fact that there is no tension/drama/excitement since the ending is a given.
    You can say that's just the trap of something like this but oddly neither Bond nor Bourne seem to have the same problem.

Lastly this is literally the first movie that I can remember where the music actually detracted from the experience.It's incessant and ill-fitting and I get the distinct impression that Richie put it in there to take the place of and not accentuate the actual story.

In short,fuck you guy Richie.First Sherlock Holmes and now Napoleon Solo.May you rot in the particularly vile hell reserved for child molesters and shitty directors with delusions of grandeur.

Also for marrying Madonna because that's just wrong.

PS I'm convinced that this movie has intentionally gay undertones which wouldn't bother me nearly as much if it was not the Man but the Girl from U.N.C.L.E.

9. Movies & TV   -   #649
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Let's call this a review even though it's more a vent as I'm come to realize that given it's membership, posting stuff on FST is essentially whatever less than pointless is called.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (2015)

First let me state I wish that I had access to the same drugs that the people who gave it a 7.6 on IMDB have because those must be seriously good hallucinogens.

This movie isn't just bad, it's Heroes Reborn level bad. It's beyond my comprehension how someone like Guy Ritchie who has already made a bunch of films one and two of which are not even painful to sit through can be so oblivious to what actually makes a movie good.Like characters you have some investment in and action that isn't simply there so some wank director can put in a bunch of his "signature" shots which do little but function to obscure what little is taking place.

Also the writing is truly horrible as I assume it was intended to be a spy movie but plays more like a mystery if a mystery is what you call a bunch of shite gags connected by not telling the audience what is actually going on.And it certainly isn't helped by the fact that there is no tension/drama/excitement since the ending is a given.
    You can say that's just the trap of something like this but oddly neither Bond nor Bourne seem to have the same problem.

Lastly this is literally the first movie that I can remember where the music actually detracted from the experience.It's incessant and ill-fitting and I get the distinct impression that Richie put it in there to take the place of and not accentuate the actual story.

In short,fuck you guy Richie.First Sherlock Holmes and now Napoleon Solo.May you rot in the particularly vile hell reserved for child molesters and shitty directors with delusions of grandeur.

Also for marrying Madonna because that's just wrong.

PS I'm convinced that this movie has intentionally gay undertones which wouldn't bother me nearly as much if it was not the Man but the Girl from U.N.C.L.E.
    How far into the thing did you know you would have to decompress with a rant to alleviate your suffering if you continued?

Second question, why did you keep watching beyond that?

Third question,
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. Movies & TV   -   #650
    I'm no rocket scientist but I assume it's something along the lines of .... Ever have a scab?Ever pick at that scab?Ever continue to pick at that scab even though you knew that you were only going to make matters worse?

Anyway the precise moment besides Guy Richie's name being attached to it that I knew this was all going to shit was about ten minutes in during what was suppose to be a car chase and the director did his lame sudden zoom in change of perspective crap that showed that everything was cg/bluescreened and immediately took you out of the reality of the scene.

Geez even Marvel which has evolved into little more than an evil conglomeration of bankers, knows enough that you have to root the hero in a sense of reality.
    Throw in all the jokes you want, a bumbling sidekick or three and have a villain who is given to bwwahahaing and petting a white cat but the hero needs to play it real.

Did I mention that Richie set up a confrontation between some bad guys and Kuryakin and then instead of showing it decided to a static shot on an overused hotel room set and talk about it instead?
    Again no rocket scientist but in genre movies like this I think the fight is the entire point.

Or when the time come for this big island invasion like in You Only Live Twice and then decides to cut in multi-screen to take you out of the action as much as possible? But cool edgy directing huh?

Or like when they break into a safe and one says "what about the alarm" and the other says "there's no alarm on this model" and then ..beat.. the alarm goes off?

Or the whole thing is set in the '60's and the seeming only reasoning behind that is so the macho super spies can talk about fashion?

Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 155562636465666768 ... LastLast