Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 303738394041424350 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

Was it the actual ending that sparked the thought that it had won you over? It's been a while, but I recall the actual reveal being quite powerfully presented.
    It wasn't the ending although the reveal was pretty well done.Basically the movie began with me thinking that the writer was more interested in his own cleverness than he was with telling a good story but somewhere along the way I found that I truly cared what happened to these characters.
    I think that is largely in fact due to shit writing where none of them are presented with having a mean bone in their bodies. So shit writing 1 - logic 0.
    Now that I know you'll answer with sincerity, what inspired you to watch it in the first place? For me it was actually Emma Watson with short hair. That's just how shallow I was walking into it.

Mostly though, it was how they presented the ease and gratification for those who reach out that resonated and kept me from watching it at high speed.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Movies & TV   -   #392
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I'm always sincere,just not always serious.

To answer your question though,as I apparently live in or around 1952,the movie was on TV and I thought it might be better than a repeat of Storage Wars or the other mind numbing shit that was currently on so I decided to take a chance on watching it.

I know this makes less sense than going on IMDB and perusing the insightful critiques of a bunch of tweens and taking their word as law or seeing what a bunch of dubstep loving Romanians are currently making the most popular movie on some bt site but that's just how me and Ward Cleaver do things.

Although Emma Watson might also have had something to do with it.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #393
    You had me at David Bowie... but Emma Watson with short hair has convinced me I'm missing something... I will watch and let you know...
    Thanks for the insight, otherwise I would have been stuck in the Beav's aw shucks moment, forcing my kids to watch the Honeymooners...

4. Movies & TV   -   #394
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestibule View Post
    but Emma Watson with short hair has convinced me I'm missing something... I will watch and let you know...
    I tend to like cute girls with boyish looks, which is probably because I'm a secret gay... or it might have something to do with an unhealthy, unrequited obsession with a tomboy during my youth. It's probably the secret gay thing. Also reference Portman in V for Vendetta. Just look, she has "man" in her name.

5. Movies & TV   -   #395
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

I tend to like cute girls with boyish looks, which is probably because I'm a secret gay...
    No that would require you liking cute boys with girlish looks.If it's any consolation pedophile is still on the table though.

6. Movies & TV   -   #396
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    If it's any consolation pedophile is still on the table though.
    Of course pedophiles use a table- how else are you supposed to fuck someone under 3' tall?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Movies & TV   -   #397
    Quote Originally Posted by taiapkfree View Post
    BÃ*i vi?t khá hay, hihi
    Easy for you to say.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Movies & TV   -   #398
    Drinking Buddies

Olivia Wilde was hot as fuck but the movie literally had no laughs,no drama,no ending and no real point so again thanks for nothing penis.

I would go into greater detail but basically "Olivia Wilde was hot as fuck" was the entire plot synopsis.

9. Movies & TV   -   #399
    that would require you liking cute boys with girlish looks
    Not when it's secret.

10. Movies & TV   -   #400
    The Wolverine- There certainly is something lost when watching a superhero/special effects-based show via early release Cam (no direct audio line) download. While not a complete disappointment in terms of (I'm grading on a curve because it is a superhero story) story, it was so predictable that I thought the end surprise had been revealed roughly 15 minutes before it actually had been- with suspicions VERY early on.

The acting is on par with any of the other X-Men movies, and a few of the characters are either likable or interesting enough to keep the show going. The modern day Japanese environment works well for creating an out-of-his-element backdrop, which helps add to Wolverine's sense of mortality. Another wise move was the choice of writers to limit the number of mutants. This helps the show seem a little bit more level-headed than some recent offerings which feel the audience wants to watch super combatants hurl buildings, planes, and mountains at each other for 2 hours and call it entertainment.

I will give the show another viewing once a Blu-ray surfaces, and expect to enjoy the show more than I did this go around. Certainly not my least favorite of the Wolverine-included shows. I'd strongly encourage those waiting impatiently on the fence to hold out for at least a really good TS, or preferably a DVD/Blu-ray copy. I would not tell anyone to spend their last $12 on a movie ticket- even for the "theater experience". It doesn't rate that highly, IMO.

It was quite a bit better than the most recent Superman, though.

As with most (not-intended-to-compete-for-an-Oscar) movies I watch, I give these shows a "What did you expect from a superhero movie?" bump, which takes it from about a 6-ish to a 7/10 show (factoring in the improved sound and special effects). If you are one who enjoys this kind of show, chances are you will like this one just fine.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 08-04-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 303738394041424350 ... LastLast