Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 354243444546474855 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

thor 2. 6.5/10. The first one was an 8 but this one felt like they were miking it. Oh we found the stone to restore darkness and bring destruction to the whole world. OH noes we lost it.. Then they had another preview for the next movie which was about some cubes which could destroy the whole galaxy.

2. Movies & TV   -   #442
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I'll give your post a 3/10, mostly because you used an arbitrary grading system with a whole two pointless points of reference.

3. Movies & TV   -   #443
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoman123 View Post
    thor 2. 6.5/10. The first one was an 8 but this one felt like they were miking it.
    Good point except for the fact you could say the same about practically any movie series where everything that really needed to be said was said in the first movie.
    The exceptions to the rule ( Aliens,The Dark Knight,Godfather 2 ,Terminator 2,The Road Warrior etc)either left something unsaid,went in a totally different direction or had an infusion of funds to dramatically up the overall quality.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #444
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    The prequels really get on my tits too, where a good movie cannot have a sequel because it came to an end i.e. everyone is dead ala The Thing, so the writers create a prequel to the story. These prequels range from bad to what the fuck were you thinking George Lucas?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. Movies & TV   -   #445
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    The prequels really get on my tits too, where a good movie cannot have a sequel because it came to an end i.e. everyone is dead ala The Thing, so the writers create a prequel to the story. These prequels range from bad to what the fuck were you thinking George Lucas?
    Something bled my eyes the other day. Sex in the City prequel. I thought the movie releases were a distinct marker of cultural failure.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Movies & TV   -   #446
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Something bled my eyes the other day. Sex in the City prequel.
    Oh fuck, the man fortress fell quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Movies & TV   -   #447
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Something bled my eyes the other day. Sex in the City prequel.
    Oh fuck, the man fortress fell quickly.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that, so I'm just going to blindly elaborate. I saw something on the Hulu or Netflix posters. That's all there was to it.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

8. Movies & TV   -   #448
    Recently saw 'Prisoners (2013),' both Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal acting was good and gripping throughout the movie.

9. Movies & TV   -   #449
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by indost View Post
    Recently saw 'Prisoners (2013),' both Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal acting was good and gripping throughout the movie.
    Yes, but the whole thing (storyline/plot) such as it was... was a bit too creepy if you ask me.

(...but then again your not, so never mind my idle ramblings... I'm on some heavy meds anyway.)

10. Movies & TV   -   #450
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "Lone Survivor"

IMHO.. an Oscar contender! It affected me much in the way of "Hurt Locker" did... a true war drama (not for the squeamish), very well done, great special effects and stunts.

Same roller coaster ride, mans inhumanity to man, mans humanity to man, war is just pure evil, military snafus, etc, etc.... and based on a true story.

If you go for that sort of thing you'll know what I mean.

(Beat the Disney® crap I watched... hands down!)
    Last edited by Stehle; 01-02-2014 at 06:13 AM.

Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 354243444546474855 ... LastLast