Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: God Bless America

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    That's crazy talk.
    Maybe you have a point there. After making my post, I cut myself so I could feel. Now I realize all I had to do was turn on an episode of Dora the Explorer...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

Maybe you have a point there. After making my post, I cut myself so I could feel. Now I realize all I had to do was turn on an episode of Dora the Explorer...
    I (re)watched Ronin today and I immediately felt bad for anyone who ever watched it hoping that it would make sense.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    I (re)watched Ronin today and I immediately felt bad for anyone who ever watched it hoping that it would make sense.
    It really was all about the car chase scene, wasn't it.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Frankenheimer never got over the fact that people think the car chase in Friedkin's French Connection is better than anything he could come up with in his French Connection II.
    Ronin is a great big "in your face motherfucker" one director to another.
    Other than that Ronin tries for a '70's style while forgetting that most of those films also had plots.
    And attempts at "realism".Reno
    Spoiler: Show
    is beyond ludicrous.If aliens landed at the same moment I would have bought that scene just as much.

That said I'm still a man so I more or less still dug the movie.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    That said I'm still a man so I more or less still dug the movie.
    Shirley, you are missing a set of quotations somewhere in that sentence.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Just came across a HD rip. Let's see if there is more to the movie than the 2 minute trailer...

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Just came across a HD rip.
    Being a movie buff I should probably be aware of what that means.I figure the HD stands for Hamilton Dyce but being long dead as he is how he could possibly be connected to this movie or why he would be ripped I am at a total loss.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Jeffrey Ross's approach is high/deaf.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Yeah, yeah...

Watched the movie, and actually liked it. Of course, there was the element of guilty pleasure involved with the shootings of modern pop culture blights that dominated the show. What made me enjoy it far more than most of the other shooting rampage shows was the well-expressed monologs. There was actually a message in them that I tend to agree with.

Far from a great show by any means, this one held my attention. Sadly, there were very few surprises after seeing the 2 minute trailer, but that's to be expected.

Overall, a 6.5 filum.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Since you gave this a (somewhat) decent review, I'm dl'ing it & going to give it a watch later tonight. I didn't watch the trailer, so maybe it will be better for me. Has to be a lot better than Battlefield Earth. I had to sit through that POS again at my nieces' house because she had never seen it, & thought it wouldn't "be as bad as I said"
    Last edited by teflon05; 04-07-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast