Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I use an NZB indexing site?

Sounds like a train wreck to me. Grow up and take responsibility for yourself. Usenet is what it is and so is your phone bill. Unlucky!

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman_1 View Post
    Use a raw search like Mysterbin.com. Free and I have practically found all of my music that way.
    I agree with this one. Most of the time I use bittorrent/soulseek for my music, but everytime I have turned to Usenet for albums I've found pretty much all I've needed with sites like mysterbin/binsearch. I wouldn't use an indexer for music, raw engines are much better in my experience.

Anyways, rocky, if you honestly don't see why Usenet providers charge for their services, then you shouldn't be using it. There's a reason that it's not free(for the most part). Sticking to bittorrent instead would probably be best for you as well all the others that have the attitude that "piracy should be free".

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    I was going to stop replying to this thread.

Funkin'

I'm not going to use the Usenet. Since torrents are a problem in my country dues to the SOPA, PIPA, and OPEN laws. I might use them once in a while. I am going to be using more of filestube.com with jDownloader. There is another site. I might have it bookmarked.

I would like to use more DDL sites. If anyone wants to post some good ones then honestly I won't have a problem with that. The reason for this thread was to move out of torrents.

I'm looking for some good DDL sites.

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman_1 View Post
    Use a raw search like Mysterbin.com. Free and I have practically found all of my music that way.
    I agree with this one. Most of the time I use bittorrent/soulseek for my music, but everytime I have turned to Usenet for albums I've found pretty much all I've needed with sites like mysterbin/binsearch. I wouldn't use an indexer for music, raw engines are much better in my experience.

Anyways, rocky, if you honestly don't see why Usenet providers charge for their services, then you shouldn't be using it. There's a reason that it's not free(for the most part). Sticking to bittorrent instead would probably be best for you as well all the others that have the attitude that "piracy should be free".

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Hmmm ...
    - why do torrent-trackers get bashed for 'selling' invites for donations?
    - why is it that we are shocked when people that pirate games, music or movies sell them to others?
    - why do we condemn people that sell invites to private trackers?

The question that actually puzzles me is why do those same people find it normal that we have to pay for Usenet-indexers ?
    Do you really think abhdtv, nzbmatrix, nzbsr'us and the likes don't earn money ???
    Can you feel the LOVE

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Hmmm ...
    - why is it that we are shocked when people that pirate games, music or movies sell them to others?

The question that actually puzzles me is why do those same people find it normal that we have to pay for Usenet-indexers ?
    Do you really think abhdtv, nzbmatrix, nzbsr'us and the likes don't earn money ???
    I actually think that abhdtv gets bashed quite often here for uploading passworded shit.

Torrent users = freetards, "sharing is caring" mentality. Usenet users = paytards, willing to spend money on something that is free elsewhere.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by heiska View Post
    Hmmm ...

I actually think that abhdtv gets bashed quite often here for uploading passworded shit.

Torrent users = freetards, "sharing is caring" mentality. Usenet users = paytards, willing to spend money on something that is free elsewhere.
    "Paytards"?

I pay a (very) small fee each month for Usenet. I pay that fee for a few reasons:

Nearly all Bittorrent sites that release TV and movies are 0-day sites. Once something is a few months old it's nearly dead. Want to download a season of that show that aired last year? Good luck. You may very well find it at one of the exclusive TV sites, but it may also take you a month or two to download it from the only remaining seeder (if you're lucky enough to get one). And if you can't seed it back, then you've dumped 30+ gigs off of your ratio and you risk some 20 year old kid with nothing better to do booting you off the site. No thanks.

My news provider gives me nearly 4 years of retention. That means all my content still comes in at max speeds which downloads, fixes, and extracts itself. When I get home and want to watch my shows, Usenet has gone out on it's own using RSS and found my shows, downloaded and extracted them, so all I need to do is grab the remote and open XBMC and there they are, ready to view. So that's new and old content, at max speed, with every single file I download. And no need to upload. I find that worthy of my $10.
    Last edited by Skiz; 03-14-2012 at 11:33 PM.

yo

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post

"Paytards"?

I pay a (very) small fee each month for Usenet. I pay that fee for a few reasons:

Nearly all Bittorrent sites that release TV and movies are 0-day sites. Once something is a few months old it's nearly dead. Want to download a season of that show that aired last year? Good luck. You may very well find it at one of the exclusive TV sites, but it may also take you a month or two to download it from the only remaining seeder (if you're lucky enough to get one). And if you can't seed it back, then you've dumped 30+ gigs off of your ratio and you risk some 20 year old kid with nothing better to do booting you off the site. No thanks.

My news provider gives me nearly 4 years of retention. That means all my content still comes in at max speeds which downloads, fixes, and extracts itself. When I get home and want to watch my shows, Usenet has gone out on it's own using RSS and found my shows, downloaded and extracted them, so all I need to do is grab the remote and open XBMC and there they are, ready to view. So that's new and old content, at max speed, with every single file I download. And no need to upload. I find that worthy of my $10.
    ok cool story bro.

I agree with you, (almost all) private trackers are worthless waste of time. I would position maself somewhere between the ratio-cheating freetard an the giganewz paytard. 90% of the stuff I want is available at speeds maxing out my humble 24 mbit pipe on public trackers, the 10% I leech off usenet with teh $6.99 $100GB blocknews account I purchased a year ago.
    Last edited by heiska; 03-15-2012 at 02:04 AM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    willing to spend money on something that is free elsewhere.
    I'm willing to spend money on the service usenet servers provide, I'm not willing to spend the money on production companies' current methods of content distribution. Disks and DRM, nope. I do and will continue to pay for a Netflix subscription. As for going for it completely free, I'm just not willing to play the bt game for everything, I have no qualms about what services I have paid for.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Hmmm ...

What about those who uses usenet for free without paying ? What are they called ? Binloatards?

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabber View Post
    What about those who uses usenet for free without paying ? What are they called ? Binloatards?
    Makes me want to say bin Laden

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast