Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: What.cd IS NOT for the casual user!!

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Probably help if people would learn to read since I never said What was elitist nor did I say that it was unfair.All my comments were directed at and meant as a counterpoint to posts in this thread.

Anyway it must be difficult to function being so painfully myopic as you appear.You probably walk into a lot of walls.My sympathies to the walls.

Edit.Sorry that might be construed as me trying to be witty or ironic .I probably should have just put you are talking out of your ass again dickhead and left it at that.
    I should probably just put then that I'm extremely sorry for being so inconsiderate towards your wonderful and highly appreciated opinion on this nefarious bittorrent tracker.

Edit: On another thought, just f u bitch ur plain wrong.
    Last edited by heiska; 04-05-2012 at 03:06 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by heiska View Post
    [

I can live with being wrong, I don't know if I can live with your unprovoked assault on the English language though.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    [

I can live with being wrong, I don't know if I can live with your unprovoked assault on the English language though.
    Ok. How's your Norwegian?

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    I'm still a newbie when it comes to this torrent stuff but isn't the auto-dl/rss thing more detrimental to the home user than the actual seedboxes? I wonder if there are any trackers that disallow that stuff.

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I've never used a seedbox on What.cd and over the course of 4+ years have build up just under 400gigs of upload. 100 gigs per 365 days is not very hard to do on typical internet plans.

If you strategically download from the daily top 10 you will discover lots of good albums you've never heard of, and by seeding those over the long-run, you can hit ratios of 5+ which for me is more than enough to download whatever else I want. And seeding random music as long as it's not too obscure (<10 snatches) is good for getting ratio, but I would always seed my top 10 downloads over random downloads, if processing power is the bottleneck.

And if you are too casual for that, you can simply bookmark until the next holiday freeleech. Most casual users I know seem to do that. You're right it's not for the most casual users, but that really helps keep the quality up there for a more serious and dedicated userbase.
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 04-06-2012 at 04:41 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

Ok. How's your Norwegian?
    She's fine if a little stupid which is probably why I like her so much.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    GXice's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Keeping a ratio on What.cd is incredibly easy. As long as you seed everything you snatch, your required ratio remains under 0.60 until you hit 60gb downloaded. These are very lenient requirements.

Yes it takes a bit of effort to really grow your buffer, but that effort is reflected in the healthy quality of the community, over a million torrents, and all of them generally being well seeded.
    Eventually, a person who wears two faces forgets which one is real.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567