Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: The catch-all movie/TV comment thread .

manker's Avatar effendi
    What did you think of Heroes?
    I really liked the first series. Thought the second was bawls and then got some hope that it was going to be good again at the start of the third. Then I gave up completely at some point during the fourth series.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I really liked the first series. Thought the second was bawls and then got some hope that it was going to be good again at the start of the third. Then I gave up completely at some point during the fourth series.
    I liked the first season quite a bit with the high point being the episode "Company Man" .After that it unfortunately all went rapidly downhill,becoming increasingly silly and losing connection with what made the characters so appealing in the first place.
    Actually the Season one finale after so much build up was so underwhelming in presentation that it sort of portended how bad the ensuing season would be.I think I watched only a few episodes of 2 and not any full episodes of 3 and 4.

All TV shows have a zenith and then start to fall apart but this was so swift and dramatic it's like they stuck the thing in lye.

I'm sort of really like the show Person of Interest right now.It's not rocket science but it's well written and the characters have real chemistry and appeal. Although it's episodic there's a definite arc and like a lot of shows you need to wade through several episodes to get the full effect.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I liked the first season quite a bit with the high point being the episode "Company Man" .After that it unfortunately all went rapidly downhill,becoming increasingly silly and losing connection with what made the characters so appealing in the first place.
    Actually the Season one finale after so much build up was so underwhelming in presentation that it sort of portended how bad the ensuing season would be.I think I watched only a few episodes of 2 and not any full episodes of 3 and 4.

All TV shows have a zenith and then start to fall apart but this was so swift and dramatic it's like they stuck the thing in lye.

I'm sort of really like the show Person of Interest right now.It's not rocket science but it's well written and the characters have real chemistry and appeal. Although it's episodic there's a definite arc and like a lot of shows you need to wade through several episodes to get the full effect.
    Ah, well. You were right to get out when you did. Nothing I saw subsequent to series one was worthy of my time. Thinking about it I agree, too, about the climax to series one. The start of series two with Hiro in the past in Japan was possibly the most disappointing event in TV history.
    Stuck with it as I do tend to have endurance with TV shows, for example, I watched almost three series of Bones because I liked Angel so much.

I would like to say I'll watch that show you mention because underneath it all, I suspect you're quite discerning and don't offer up a recommendation lightly. However, I get dictated to a lot with the tellybox in exchange for watching as much sport as I like. I'll try to sell it but idk.
    Do you think it would appeal to a woman in her twenties who likes romantic fiction, Vampire Diaries and Reality shows
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Do you think it would appeal to a woman in her twenties who likes romantic fiction, Vampire Diaries and Reality shows
    I like watch some reality shows unscripted dramas.
    This board is basically made up entirely of women and gheys and everyone uniformly loves it. http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/...1#.T62uBcWBo3g

There's no romance per se but the engine that drives the character is the loss of his one true love that and being a cool super assassin betrayed by the government.
    The leads are (for the person who controls your TV) former Gap model turned movie hunk Jim Caviezel and for the geek in you Michael Emerson aka Benjamin Linus on Lost who I find even better in this than on that.

The best thing about the show is that there is a definite progression to the story while at the same time still finding time to develop the characters. Also guns and ninja type fighting and maybe diaries.
    If they would only work in tits I'd be tempted to buy advertising time myself.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You've made it sound good. Almost too good

She loved Ben in Lost and I'm pretty sure she doesn't mind staring at decent looking chaps, this should be easy - plus it's almost the end of series one so I'll be able to steal the lot and line them up.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    You've made it sound good. Almost too good

She loved Ben in Lost and I'm pretty sure she doesn't mind staring at decent looking chaps, this should be easy - plus it's almost the end of series one so I'll be able to steal the lot and line them up.
    If you do decide to watch it just be aware that it's not an instant slam dunk right out of the chute sort of thing and it takes a few episodes for things to establish and really start falling into place .
    I should also mention that while it progresses forward it also moves backward in time to slowing shed light on the characters.... among other things. While the show is on one level action there are several on going plot lines and more than one mystery to be solved. Also with the exception of Caviezel none of the characters feel particularly "safe" and I'm constantly worrying that one of them is going to be "offed" around the next corner.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    So. You've made it sound like Lost sans the island but with ninjas and guns.

Fuck yeah I'm gonna watch it.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Get the Gringo (2012) Mel Gibson playing a solid role (I thought he was done, myself) in a good film. It has been a popular download, does not appear to have been officially released*, and is sitting with an 8+ rating on IMDB.

Watch it, or something else.

EDIT-* Looks like it was released as VOD in the US on May 1, 2012. It is in theaters around the world, though. IMDB has release dates.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 05-13-2012 at 06:53 AM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    i bought a couple Logitech Revue units after the prices dropped below $100. If you can find one refurbished, they make a heck of a media player- that is, with the exception of playing media directly (you need to set up a media server for that. I use a WD media player and the two work very nicely together).

Anyway, one of the apps available for Google TV is called Redux. You can watch the same shows on your PC, but this app is meant to be sort of a TV replacement. It has "channels" that have various content selected by a channel "editor" of sorts. A couple of the clips I felt had substantial merit- especially being low or no budget projects. IMO, there are some extremely talented individuals/small groups out there, and they are capable of producing shorts like these:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/wat...d-by-wes-ball/

Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Description
    A modern take on the story of Little Red Riding Hood. I this film, Red finds empowerment and takes matters into her own hands. The wolf is clearly unprepared for this little girl!
    Spoiler: Show

Anyway, a couple of interesting shorts I found. Enjoy. Or something else.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 05-20-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: updated to playable link
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    stuff
    I was going to post something insulting but I changed my mind as I was afraid that you might take it the wrong way.
    Hopefully I won't end up getting indigestion from all that repressing.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast