Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: The catch-all movie/TV comment thread .

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I beginning to suspect that you subscribe to Tiger Beat.
    If this is some kind of Canadian men-only gym where everyone wears crotchless lycra, then nope and stop coming on to me.
    You've gone and spoiled the brief moment of manliness this thread had going.
    If I had a Glock and a glass of single malt I'd be tempted to send you straight to Hell.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #122
    manker's Avatar effendi
    If this is some kind of Canadian men-only gym where everyone wears crotchless lycra, then nope and stop coming on to me.
    You've gone and spoiled the brief moment of manliness this thread had going.
    If I had a Glock and a glass of single malt I'd be tempted to send you straight to Hell.
    You can be so confusing sometimes.
    I had assumed that your reference to sucking ass at the movies was an invitation to homoerotic banter.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Movies & TV   -   #123
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I had the very same question upon seeing Taken 2 as I did when I heard about Hangover 2. "How did they manage to work themselves into that position again". I've already learned to not take a keen interest in sequels that are just milking it, not after the first few times.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Movies & TV   -   #124
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I had the very same question upon seeing Taken 2 as I did when I heard about Hangover 2. "How did they manage to work themselves into that position again". I've already learned to not take a keen interest in sequels that are just milking it, not after the first few times.
    Obviously you don't understand the lives of international men of action or you wouldn't be asking such silly questions.

5. Movies & TV   -   #125
    Obviously you don't understand the lives of international men of action or you wouldn't be asking such silly questions.
    Did you know I'm part of a club called the international men of inaction? Well, it's not technically a club since we haven't quite formed it yet.

6. Movies & TV   -   #126
    Did you know I'm part of a club called the international men of inaction? Well, it's not technically a club since we haven't quite formed it yet.
    If you ever do consider using the motto "First you don't get the money,then you don't get the power ,then you don't get the woman".

7. Movies & TV   -   #127
    manker's Avatar effendi
    So, like, the sequel to your keen interest is inexorable disinterest.
    I sense a life theme, here.

And also, it's absolutely obvious in both cases how they worked themselves into that scenario again; another stag party and the mates of the people he killed in the first one aren't happy and take advantage of his family holiday to a muslim country and kidnap his wife while he tries to protect his daughter.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

8. Movies & TV   -   #128

If you ever do consider using the motto "First you don't get the money,then you don't get the power ,then you don't get the woman".
    If you make up the cards then sure, currently the idea floating around is just "TBD". It's been so long that we forgot what it even means, I can't remember who was supposed to go to the library to look it up.

So, like, the sequel to your keen interest is inexorable disinterest.
    I sense a life theme, here.
    It is, isn't it? Does it ever get better?
    Last edited by mjmacky; 06-23-2012 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Marypost

9. Movies & TV   -   #129
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    ^ fuck yes.
    who didn't like Taken, honestly. girls and homosexuals, that's who. and even some girls probably liked it.
    I didn't like it.
    In fact, I actively loathed it and am appalled that a sequel is being made.

Appalled but not surprised, stupidity is very lucrative these days.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Movies & TV   -   #130
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    ^ fuck yes.
    who didn't like Taken, honestly. girls and homosexuals, that's who. and even some girls probably liked it.
    I didn't like it.
    In fact, I actively loathed it and am appalled that a sequel is being made.

Appalled but not surprised, stupidity is very lucrative these days.
    I shouldn't be surprised.
    You mentioned Brick in a different thread and even though I tried hard to like that film, I absolutely could not. It wasn't entertaining in the slightest and preferred, instead, to pander to the highbrow art aficionado who looks for exposition of certain facets of a film before he allows himself to be immersed in the overall experience.

Now I'm not saying that you're a highbrow art aficionado but, basically, if you weren't entertained by Taken, then you're a highbrow art aficionado who looks for exposition of certain facets of a film before he allows himself to be immersed in the overall experience.

Taken was the best action film of the last, idk, five years. Provided, of course, you allow yourself the luxury of the suspension of disbelief.
    Which I think is what watching a film is all about.

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast