Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22293031323334 LastLast

Thread: The catch-all movie/TV comment thread .

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I'm current on the Hannibal series. Kinda excited to see tonight's episode. Wonder if next (potential) season will involve a Lechter manhunt...
    Hannibal is a good show maybe even a great one.In fact I watched the entire first season when it aired.Funny thing though is that I couldn't work up enough enthusiasm to as of yet partake of the second.
    I think the problem lies,and by it teetering on the edge of cancellation I'm apparently not lone in this belief,is that it's just or was too unceasingly dark.

I may be mistaken but a night sky is a lot more interesting with the occasional star and even the biggest fan of black sees value in sometimes contrasting it with another colour.
    In other words for fuck sake give me someone to empathize with.

Then again you liked Se7en so fuck you.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #312
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    I'll probably be sorry for asking this but, What's wrong with Se7en?
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

3. Movies & TV   -   #313
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    ...and what is wrong with all black?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #314
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    I'll probably be sorry for asking this but, What's wrong with Se7en?
    Nothing in terms of quality but I suppose it depends on how you define entertainment and since I'm literally a dictionary...

en·ter·tain·ment

noun\ˌen-tər-ˈtān-mənt\: amusement or pleasure that comes from watching a performer, playing a game, etc.

So by finding Se7en "entertaining" I'm guessing that you are either an extreme sadist, an ancient Roman,a teenager who doesn't understand the difference or you have a lot of pent up rage from being sexually impotent*.

Hey I get that makes me limited and uncool but you will have to forgive me for wanting my movies to have good triumphing over evil as I get plenty of the other way around in real life.

*Meg.

PS I don't mind good getting beaten to a bloody pulp just as long as it wins.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-13-2014 at 01:23 AM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #315
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    So...You you're saying you are prejudiced against me, just because I happen to be an extremely sadistic ancient Roman, who happens to be sexually dysfunctional?

Racist

Seriously though, I do actually like that movie. I've always been into the crime drama and horror/thriller genre, & always thought Se7en was one of the best of either. Good story line & great acting...& I don't even like Brad Pitt.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

6. Movies & TV   -   #316
    I attempted to watch the premiere of The Amazing Race Canada .Yeah whatever, homos.

It was literally and I'm not even exaggerating, the most annoying piece of mindbogglingly awful crap that it's ever been my misfortune to witness. Or at least for 7 minutes because even on multiple attempts that's all I could stand.

Whoever directed/edited it seemed to think that rapid cuts of a bunch of incredibly unlikable people running around screaming with next to no storyline or concern for location or character deserves to minimally be fired or preferably be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail.

Again and I'm not exaggerating, I was so offended by this supposed entertainment that for the first time in my life I was moved to write an email to the network voicing my disgust.
    And remember my taste runs so low to begin with that I actually tried watching the Amazing Race.

7. Movies & TV   -   #317
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    7 minutes of watching Canadians. Television has reached its low point...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Movies & TV   -   #318
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    7 minutes of watching Canadians. Television has reached its low point...
    A brief rundown of the teams

2 were stunt cast with one a couple of Gold medal winning women's hockey players and the other a famous gay ,flamingly gay ballet dancer and his fiancee.So both pandering and uncomfortable.
    1 team consisted of a couple of twin Quebecois who ran an abattoir and when flirtingly asked by an all female team what they did for a living they charmingly responded smiling "We kill animals". If I had been there I literally would have hit him and fuck the prize money.
    Another team were a brother and sister Hindi because here in Canadian one cannot be too politically correct who immodestly boasted about spending their time travelling the World.
    There was also a married lesbian team see previous "can't be too politically correct" a pair of long haired slacker best buds who were clearly playing roles rather than being themselves(dude),a bi-racial couple(PC) ,a single mother and irritating teenage son named "Cormac"(again PC) a redneck husband and wife who now doubt rode Harelys and two male coworkers who might have been the lone team to represent the audience if not for the fact that the bio of one lists him as a former Mr Gay Canada.

So basically pandering and political correctness and somebody forgot that the paying customers need a voice in something like this to actually invest in what happens.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-11-2014 at 08:34 PM.

9. Movies & TV   -   #319
    So I watched the premiere episode of The Strain.

It had it's moments and by moments I mean enough gore to make The Walking Dead by comparison look like Marry Poppins but it broke a fundamental rule of good horror,it wasn't paced very well.
    Also after seeing the first episode and having read the books,I think any enjoyment will come from the villains as the heroes are a serious bunch of putzes.

They also adhere to the "do the dumbest thing in the face of possible danger" trope.

I also hate people who post movie?/TV related stuff in the Lounge .
    I mean what's the fucking point of having sections and making so a big deal about being "off-topic" then?

Putz.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-14-2014 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Movies & TV   -   #320
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I was actually thinking of making a movie fred in the lounge, thereby never having to peruse 'endless moronic list land' ever again, your obvious disdain for the concept makes it doubly tempting....

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73