View Poll Results: Did Louis C.K. win the internet?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, and in the Louis C.K. world, I could give up piracy altogether

5 83.33%
  • WTF, browser's direct download only, I'm distributing unlicensed copies forever

1 16.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Louis C.K.

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    The fact that I would only watch it once makes it a pay-per-view. There is noting there that I would need/want to see a second time regardless of my ability to watch it. You are hung up on your warm fuzzy feelings for the marketing. It may be a bargain for you, but for me it's $5 for a one-time-viewing.
    I see the point you're trying to make, and it'd be terribly expensive to pay for every instance of viewing television episodes. But if you consider the way films are, that's essentially what we already do. I find subscription services to work quite well for TV, and I could see these services being both independent and centralized, with the centralized distribution costing a little more. That's how it's processing in my head anyway.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Could you please add a "Who is Louis C.K. ? " option.
    You'd like him. He's plump downstairs.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    The fact that I would only watch it once makes it a pay-per-view. There is noting there that I would need/want to see a second time regardless of my ability to watch it. You are hung up on your warm fuzzy feelings for the marketing. It may be a bargain for you, but for me it's $5 for a one-time-viewing.
    I see the point you're trying to make, and it'd be terribly expensive to pay for every instance of viewing television episodes. But if you consider the way films are, that's essentially what we already do. I find subscription services to work quite well for TV, and I could see these services being both independent and centralized, with the centralized distribution costing a little more. That's how it's processing in my head anyway.
    I remember when TV was "free" and now I pay $110 dollars a month to watch what largely amounts to a huge, steaming pile of shite.

If there is a way to get people to pay for something someone will find a way to make them do so and if suddenly "forced" to pay people are amazingly adaptable in that regard.

Like I said earlier it's nice that someone like Louis is not out to ring every dollar out of us and is also very forthright in where the money goes.
    If you can't at least in principle ,support that then you are either very selfish or very stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Could you please add a "Who is Louis C.K. ? " option.
    You'd like him. He's plump downstairs.
    I'm such an incredibly nice person I can't believe that you would say something like that to me.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-25-2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Actually you're right. I take that back. I don't know if it's the alcohol swimming around my head or what but I honestly feel bad for that comment.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Actually you're right. I take that back. I don't know if it's the alcohol swimming around my head or what but I honestly feel bad for that comment.
    I showed your apology to the 4 year old next door and even he didn't buy it.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hole69 View Post
    The problem here is why spend $5 when you don't to?
    Strange I read that and the question I see is "When someone isn't ripping you off,only trying to be nice while in the process making a reasonable living ,why the fuck would you want to steal from him?"
    This.

I've never heard of this Lewis guy before but he seems like a decent spud.
    I'd definitely pay $5 if someone good decided to sell their material in this way.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

Strange I read that and the question I see is "When someone isn't ripping you off,only trying to be nice while in the process making a reasonable living ,why the fuck would you want to steal from him?"
    This.

I'd definitely pay $5 if someone good decided to sell their material in this way.
    Then you should definitely buy his special, and watch the first two seasons of Louie, and the 3rd season starts airing on FX on Thursday.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    This idea is subject to the good feelings of the consumer. If it worked on a large scale, the grocery store would not have prices on their products, they would just ask people to pay what they felt the merchandise was worth. This idea is new enough that people are behind it. Once that warm fuzziness gets to be commonplace, people won't do it anymore.

Personally, I find the value of most media to be $0.00. If I can't have it for free, I probably won't seek it out. If media companies want to use product placement to support their shows (and they do), I'm fine with that. I really don't care about the economics of programming, but if a media company wants my attention, they better produce something interesting.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    This.

Then you should definitely buy his special, and watch the first two seasons of Louie, and the 3rd season starts airing on FX on Thursday.
    I'm just going to hang fire on that since I let Idol make all of my primary tv watching decisions. I am, as yet, unclear on his views.

He actually has pretty good taste which is to expected when you consider that he's dedicated his life to this kind of thing, forgoing interaction with humans without a modem interface since approximately 1997.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    I'm just going to hang fire on that since I let Idol make all of my primary tv watching decisions. I am, as yet, unclear on his views.

He actually has pretty good taste which is to expected when you consider that he's dedicated his life to this kind of thing, forgoing interaction with humans without a modem interface since approximately 1997.
    That's true btw but the really disturbing part is that I didn't get an actual computer until 2005.

Anyway since you asked and since I have never actually seen Louie I'm an going to give you my opinion based purely on wild speculation, conjuncture,flawed logic and outright fallacy.
    Which is how I basically do everything so am incredible good at.

To simplify, I'm breaking it down into pros,like Funkin's mom and cons like ziggy's dad.

Pros: You seem to like Mary and as people tend to try and emulate their heroes ,Louie could then well be an approximation of Mary only funny. Btw hero emulation is why I spend much of my spare time bedding unbelievably hawt womins and trying to stop madmen seeking World domination.
    Louie is apparently a well regarded show and Louie C.K. one of the best current stand-up comics but then again so was Ray Romano(note to self: remember to change to "cons" before posting)
    No matter how bad it turns out to be it still can't possibly be as boring as soccer.

Cons: Has Mary ever demonstrated good judgment about anything before?
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-26-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast