Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many of you can't wait to see the new adventures of Jack Bauer?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    .....and I don't know what Hitman is.
    It stars Timothy Olyphant so it's physically impossible for it not to be awesome.

Also Rocky some number or other.

When Tarantino starts writing dialogue half that good then maybe I will start respecting him as an artist.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I was going to say it doesn't really matter about the quality of the dialogue in Rocky films so shut your face, h8r ... but then I realised how important that line is in Rocky IV and didn't bother.
    Last edited by manker; 07-06-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: sk84lyfe
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    After that movie came out I spent the next eight months literally saying nothing but "I must break you".

I got some weird looks especially anytime I was around windows but it was well worth it.

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You must be my age or had a mental age of about eight when that film hit the video shops because I did too.

Also, going back to that thread you started; Rocky is an example of a franchise which actually got better as it went on instead of being a cash cow.
    Its peak was IV

Rocky V with that aids guy and the one after that were terrible but I'd prefer to believe that I dreamed them and that the whole thing ended with the demise of Drago.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I too thought Taken was bad. I looked forward to that movie for a couple of months. It is one of only three films I've bothered to see on opening night. The second Matrix movie and The Hunger Games being the others. When the second Matrix movie ended, I think my exact words were "That was awful. Let's get the fuck outta here." I don't know what I said after Taken was over but I bet it wasn't much different.

Taken was a mediocre movie turned horrible at the end with the fat sheik on the boat.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Oh, what a shame...just had to get all racist and play the "fat sheik" card, there are so many other, completely valid reasons to shower Taken with contempt.
    For instance, that scene where Neeson confronts the bad guys, fixes them with a steely gaze and declaims, "Release the Taken!"...I mean, really.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    If Zeus was real like Jesus then you'd be getting hit with lightning bolts right about now.

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    You prove my point.

"You prove my point" is my new go-to comeback when nothing more appropriate comes to mind.
    It's perfect because it forces everyone to consider if I really ever had a point to begin with and if so, did you really prove it for me or have I fallen prey to a fallacy?
    By the time those mental gymnastics are over, I'm long gone.

zoom,zoom...

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I'm hedging toward them both being secret members of the Loyalist Paramilitary because bad guys not being able to shoot straight and plot holes the size of Lough Neagh never stopped anyone liking Willis pirouette through a holy hail of ham-fisted henchmen.

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    But Willis was self-deprecating and nearly broke the fourth wall and Neeson is so unbearably grim.
    He's just a priss really, a big preying mantis like prissy priss.
    Like he never looked at his daughter and wondered....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast