Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How many of you can't wait to see the new adventures of Jack Bauer?

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I only watched enough "24" to find the following clip funny, and that's all the show was worth in my opinion:

Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I only watched enough "24" to find the following clip funny, and that's all the show was worth in my opinion:

Almost anything can be parodied. That was funny as hell, btw.

24 didn't really become open for parody until the later seasons. That's why I found it odd folks didn't even watch the first season. In the beginning, the show was new, different, and full o' action.

Your loss. Hey I still haven't watched one Harry Potter movie and I have them all on Blu. I do want to watch them tho'.

Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    You must be my age or had a mental age of about eight when that film hit the video shops because I did too.

Also, going back to that thread you started; Rocky is an example of a franchise which actually got better as it went on instead of being a cash cow.
    Its peak was IV

Rocky V with that aids guy and the one after that were terrible but I'd prefer to believe that I dreamed them and that the whole thing ended with the demise of Drago.
    I liked all the Rocky movies save for Tommy Morrison's movie.
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-07-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    But Willis was self-deprecating and nearly broke the fourth wall and Neeson is so unbearably grim.
    He's just a priss really, a big preying mantis like prissy priss.
    Like he never looked at his daughter and wondered....
    Now you do have a point there, I can't actually see a Neeson character saying 'Yippee kiyay motherfucker', but if you want a grim unsmiling performance you should watch Bruce Willis in Last Man Standing. He makes Liam Neeson seem positively jovial by comparison.
    I quite liked Neeson's character in Rob Roy though, given that he was an Irish highlander and the usual rather hilarious hollywood twisting of the facts, at least it was better than Braveheart with the battle of Sterling bridge with no fucking bridge!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Artemis; 07-07-2012 at 11:12 PM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    It was a Suspension Bridge of Disbelief and if the audience wouldn't help, it wouldn't appear.
    Like Tinkerbell but more ox tracks.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234