Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My first co-authorship!

Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Nice one squeams. Why are the g and t in red. Some kind of science-lab, drinking-contest, double-barrelled, in-joke, or something else.
    Now go away.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I was going to ask that ^

Well done, Squeams. I bet it's a fantastic feeling.
    I'm currently thinking about your bosom filling with pride.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Excellent, Squeams ... I was going to say something else, but I'm having a hard time doing anything other than thinking about your heaving, pride filled bosoms ...

-doobs

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Nice one!

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Nice one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Nice one squeams. Why are the g and t in red. Some kind of science-lab, drinking-contest, double-barrelled, in-joke, or something else.
    Fanx guise
    Not sure about the colour, must be an error. We scientists aren't well known for being good with the minutae of life.

Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I was going to ask that ^

Well done, Squeams. I bet it's a fantastic feeling.
    I'm currently thinking about your bosom filling with pride.
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    Excellent, Squeams ... I was going to say something else, but I'm having a hard time doing anything other than thinking about your heaving, pride filled bosoms ...

-doobs
    I suppose they need all the help they can get

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Yes well, that was churlish of me digressing first before the congratulations, but then I'm only a male and just had to use the mouse suit meme while it was still at the forefront of my mind....
    Congratulations on your Co-authorship and may it bring increased health and longevity to all the inbred mice out there in the world.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Thank you Artemis

8. Lounge   -   #18
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    You guys quickly switch to love fest when someone feigns humility. You do know she's super excited about her bronze and is eagerly waiting for opportunities to come up in every day conversation.

OK, switching to serious now, any particular sections you had your ink in? Just so, you know, I can contribute some seriously undesirable editorial criticism. I'll keep it to myself, I promise.

I know I'm not a congratulatory person, but I know how it feels to see the first abstract officially published and adorned with your name, I empathize with your general enthusiasm/joy/pride.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary
    I empathize with your general enthusiasm/joy/pride.
    I taught her that
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    You guys quickly switch to love fest when someone feigns humility. You do know she's super excited about her bronze and is eagerly waiting for opportunities to come up in every day conversation.

OK, switching to serious now, any particular sections you had your ink in? Just so, you know, I can contribute some seriously undesirable editorial criticism. I'll keep it to myself, I promise.

I know I'm not a congratulatory person, but I know how it feels to see the first abstract officially published and adorned with your name, I empathize with your general enthusiasm/joy/pride.
    I'm pleased but I'm aware that in the grand scheme of things it's not all that significant outside of my own little bubble. I also know that a close working relationship with the people in question has a lot to do with it. I'm a technician: a good one, but rarely required to inject my intellectual expertise to the process. This lab seem to want to draw upon it. I cleared up a few of their questions, came in early, stayed late a bit, suggested some ways to do things, that sort of thing. I didn't write any of the paper, I just read it over before it was sent off.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast