Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Alphaload 5 GB or 2 weeks] x unlimited!!!

Guys found this site and created myself 5 accounts so far.

Go to

Code:
    http://alphaload.iload-usenet.com/eval.html
    Each account allows 5GB download and / or 2 weeks time period (whichever comes first)

Did not count exactly but after 2 or 3 times i started getting

"Signup for an evaluation account is not possible"

So I checked my cookies and found a cookie with "eval=1". Deleted the cookie. Still got the message. So next I connected with a vpn (hotspotshield works fine, cause you have a 90% chance of getting a new ip every time you reconnect).
    Tried again...voila!! it works!

So when you get "Signup for an evaluation account is not possible" do the following:

• delete all cookies for these domains if they exist: iload-usenet.com / alphaload.iload-usenet.com. This can be done with a cookie manager addon for firefox / chrome etc. Just google it or alternatively delete all cookies in your browser if you dont mind re-logging into other websites which have maybe saved cookies
    • Use a vpn or other method to change your ip if necessary. Hotspot shield works nicely for this job

Notes on use of different email addresses:

• Dont bother with disposable email addresses. They block them for obvious reasons. You will get a "This e-mail address can't be used" error message.
    • ALL YOU NEED IS 1 GMAIL EMAIL ADDRESS So if you dont have one just sign up for 1 account. I will explain further:
    • The reason for this is that you can use dots (.) in your gmail address or change the domain to @googlemail.com and it will still get to its destination! Lets say my email is [email protected], then I can use ANY or all of these and it will still get to my mailbox:

1. [email protected]
    2. [email protected]
    3. [email protected]
    4. [email protected]
    5. [email protected]
    6. [email protected]
    7. [email protected]
    8. [email protected]
    9. [email protected]
    10. [email protected]
    11. [email protected]
    12. [email protected]
    13. [email protected]
    14. [email protected]
    15. [email protected]
    16. [email protected]
    17. [email protected]
    18. [email protected]
    19. [email protected]
    20. [email protected]
    21. [email protected]
    22. [email protected]

...as you can see you just need to be creative...[email protected] will also work To the website each address seems like a different address due to the dots

After signup you will receive a mail with your login details similar to the following:
    Code:
      Sehr geehrte Interessentin, sehr geehrter Interessent,  vielen Dank für Ihr Interesse an unserem Service. Bitte beachten,  dass Sie mit der Benutzung des Testaccounts keinerlei Risiko eingehen -  der Account wird automatisch nach etwa 5 GB oder 2 Wochen geschlossen.
      Hier Ihre persönlichen Zugangsdaten:

Benutzername: IL3714930
    Passwort: PjYKgnzw
    Die Software können Sie unter http://software.iload-usenet.com/?_u=gpbOVcdLJEZ6fykG herunterladen. ..... .....

The link they give you is to download their crappy client....but dont worry, you dont HAVE to use it!

To use this acccount in your favourite news client, use the following: (using above as example - all that change is your username ; just addon @iload-usenet.com, thus it becomes

username: [email protected]
    password: PjYKgnzw

Server and port choices:

USA: newsfarm.iad.highwinds-media.com (normal NNTP on ports 23, 119, 443, 8080, or 9000)
    USA SSL: secure.newsfarm.iad.highwinds-media.com (SSL ports 563, 80 or 81)

Europe: newsfarm.ams2.highwinds-media.com (normal NNTP on ports 23, 119, 443, 8080, or 9000)
    Europe SSL: secure.newsfarm.ams2.highwinds-media.com (SSL ports 563, 80 or 81)

havent actually tested how many connections it allows you ; maybe someone can test and give some feedback .....

Enjoy while it lasts.........

P.S. I am testing another site at the moment that gives 2GB (no time limit it seems), so expect more in the next 2 days
    Last edited by enerdude; 05-03-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: added connections note

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Nice post, thanks a bunch

What are speeds and retention like?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Many thanks enerdude. I just tried a 623 day old post and it completed fine, whilst maxing out my ADSL2+ connection. Belated thanks to you for the Binload app also.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jimdigriz View Post
    Belated thanks to you for the Binload app also.
    You are welcome... glad you guys find it useful!

Claimed retention on website is 1357 days.
    This is the heart of the highwinds feed, so it makes sense. Just look at these which also has a server in the same farm only a few ips away

• newshosting.com (also claim 1357 days days)
    • usenetserver (also claim 1357 days)
    • eweka.nl (claim 1353 days)
    • bintube (1347 days)

All claim 99% completion.

My connection is slow - 4mbit (roughly 450 kb/s) and I get my full connection speed, but obviously cannot really push it to its max. Maybe somebody on a fast connection can give their feedback.
    I tried a 853 day NZB (and tried upto 20 connections without a problem) and had very few missing articles. Tested the same nzb in NZB completion checker program and it reported 3 missing articles - a completion rate of 99.96%
    Last edited by enerdude; 05-03-2012 at 05:49 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    i got maximum speed from my home connection,downloaded a file 1221 days worked fine
    thanks for the info.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    newsgroupie
    Thanks again, enerdude.

Does a user need to change to a different IP address to download from each account? (If not, then they obviously missed a major point.) I always feel a bit guilty taking advantage of the generosity of these small upstart companies. Too bad it's using Highwinds, or I might even consider paying for an account.

Quote Originally Posted by enerdude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimdigriz View Post
    Belated thanks to you for the Binload app also.
    You are welcome... glad you guys find it useful!
    Very useful indeed! Can I ask if you plan to open-source it or anything like that? I'd really like to know how it works.
    "I am definitely not trying to plug our site" -- nntpjunkie

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    Thanks again, enerdude.

Does a user need to change to a different IP address to download from each account? (If not, then they obviously missed a major point.) I always feel a bit guilty taking advantage of the generosity of these small upstart companies. Too bad it's using Highwinds, or I might even consider paying for an account.
    Nope. Im downloading from 2 accounts at the same time at the moment but im sure it will work with any amount in parallel, provided they still have bandwith left of course.
    Most new upstarts would use highwinds i guess cause highwinds probably give them the cheapest deal. Starting your own feed must be terribly expensive as far as hardware and bandwidth goes. And the only other options I guess is giganews, astranews or readnews feeds. Another company (Graboid) which also do trial accs seemed to have used the giganews feed a few years back now also use highwinds for their feed. Look out for my thread on how to get the most of their trial as well - coming later today

Did some google research on these guys. As far as alphaload.iload-usenet.com goes, it seems iload-usenet.com (domain registered 2009-11-11) bought out alphaload.com (which has been going and registered in 2006 already). It seems iload-usenet.com has had this trial offer since at least Dec 2009 (see http://www.usenetprovidervergleich.d...load-iload-de/) which means probably since they started in Nov 2009. Gotta admire them for trying if people have been (AB)using this trial since at least 2010 (see here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:mvs3QUCjjoQJ:www.s-v-n.net/showthread.php%3F136958-iload-acc-erstellen-(5GB)+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=za&client=firefox-a)

Very useful indeed! Can I ask if you plan to open-source it or anything like that? I'd really like to know how it works.
    I just sniffed their program I am not a programmer but use a program called winautomation to create my programs - it saves the "code" in a mini sql database, so cannot really share the code. It basically comes down to 1 https request to get all the info

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    I wouldn't bother. I look at a company's reputation and reliability along with their offerings - Astraweb has been around since 1997 and I see no reason to switch to a Highwinds upstart. 5GB is also pitiful. The last film I watched was a 5GB DVD-5 .iso from 1300 days back. Never mind 720p/1080p films. I also wouldn't consider them for a fill server.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hole69 View Post
    I wouldn't bother. I look at a company's reputation and reliability along with their offerings - Astraweb has been around since 1997 and I see no reason to switch to a Highwinds upstart. 5GB is also pitiful. The last film I watched was a 5GB DVD-5 .iso from 1300 days back. Never mind 720p/1080p films. I also wouldn't consider them for a fill server.
    Indeed switching to highwinds would indeed be stupid. As far as i'm concerned astraweb gives the most bang for your buck if you are a paying customer.
    But why say "5GB is also pitiful"? It is FREE, so dont complain. And maybe someone would indeed find it handy to use one of their 5GB trial accs as a fill server

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Last edited by johhny; 05-05-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast