Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

Thread: what are some good movies to watch

dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Serendipity (2001)

During a lifetime, each of us pass a unique opportunity to find our happiness. The truth is that many people don't realize that and move on, living the rest of their life with regret of not having fulfilled their destiny. For most people this is true, but each of them has a dream that can be a little naive, but their soul resonates. In a few cases, after a moment of lucidity (some might call it luck) or perseverance, dreams fail to turn into reality, but most people feel that living an unfulfilled and missed life despite the apparent wealth or success which have part.

The film is beautiful, full of romance, love is in the air even in realistic sequences. Exaggeration of rigor is present, even some anachronisms, but this time I won't reveal it just to let viewers enjoy the movie. Even if the story seems improbable, and the actors are hand-picked (Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack), the idea of ​​existence of predestined souls remains valid. In such interaction divine magic turns dreams into reality.
    Last edited by dion09529; 09-24-2014 at 04:44 PM.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

2. Movies & TV   -   #162
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I obviously watched a different Serendipity as there is nothing remotely "realistic" about it and that is sort of the entire point.

Anyway as always nice copy/paste/translation from some foreign site. Personally I could sum the film up in one easy sentence...If you like Beckinsale then you'll endure the inherent stupidity,otherwise the movie is basically an insult to true romance and sucks monkey balls*.

*Not in a good way but still better than EDM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #163
    Poster
    Did anyone watch Sex Tape? Is it worth watching?

4. Movies & TV   -   #164
    No and no.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/sex-tape

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sex_tape_2014/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1956620/

Also when did the Puritans take over IMDB and start giving out these grossly inflated sex and nudity scores? Like 8/10 for stuff you can see on network TV? In that case someone needs to change the rating for last Tango in Paris to 143/10.

5. Movies & TV   -   #165
    Usenetfreak
    The Equalizer with Danzel Washington that was released some weeks ago is rather good, can advice to watch it. there are already some streaming links here, but the quality is rather bad. Wait some weeks to get better quality streams.

6. Movies & TV   -   #166
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post

Just snagged a BluRay copy of it and will give it a whirl tonight. Thank you for your suggestion!

(I haven't got real excited WWII'ish since "Band of Brothers" ...or finding out my father had a "TOP SECRET" classification back in '47 Roswell, New Mexico.)
    My Way is a barrage on the senses, as well as a compelling story of perseverance. Turn the surround sound up, and enjoy!

Let me guess, you were born 9 months after your father began working at Roswell.
    Another three war movies that have largely gone under the radar that I recommend (although they aren't that recent ) are:

Saints and Soldiers http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373283 a story about the Malmedy massacre told through the eyes of a small group of soldiers separated from the rest of the troops during the battle.

When Trumpets Fade http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0135706 A story about the largely forgotten and long hard slog by allied forces through the Harz Mountains with extremely high casualties. Forgotten because soon after the battle was complete (I wouldn't say won with the amount of attrition involved) the Battle of the Bulge occurred and erased all memory of this long hard slog from the collective mind. This movie features a truly riveting performance by Ron Eldard.

Hart's War http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251114 About a P.O.W. camp at the end of W.W. II. American officers are decrying their German captors for treating the Russian prisoners the 'untermenschen' as less than human. Then two Tuskegee airmen a pair black officers are assigned to the camp. A very interesting counterpoint on racism and a there is a good old fashioned whodunnit in the mix as well, starring Colin Farrell and Bruce Willis in an unusual role.

None are particularly 'happy' films, but they are poignant, and well worth the watch.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. Movies & TV   -   #167
    Inception
    Rounders
    good will hunting

8. Movies & TV   -   #168
    The Terminal
    Donnie Brasco
    The fault in our stars

9. Movies & TV   -   #169
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Snowbound: The Jim and Jennifer Stolpa Story

The movie is very interesting but I don't understand why the story is presented as "incredibly brave" but not as a demonstration of stupidity, irresponsibility and their results to warn others.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

10. Movies & TV   -   #170
    Because never giving up even in the face of the seemingly inevitable is seen is courageous,twat.
    Circumstance more than anything else is what creates heroes.

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast