Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: favorite TV show

..... BT Rep: +2
    "The Wire" used to be. "Game Of Thrones" is my favorite show on TV now. I liked "Dexter" until the final episode/season which was horrible. The writing and acting on Dexter has always been bad but the finale took it to a whole new level of bad.

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    Under the dome, great show

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    dolaosa: I enjoyed Under the Dome but the ending was ARAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My fave shows are 24, Band of Brothers, Breaking Bad, Archer, Red Dwarf, The Inbetweeners, The River, Californication, Jonathan Creek, X-Files, Family Guy and Not Going Out

(I had to cheat and have a quick look on the server to remember a few!)

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    Under the dome

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by bale222 View Post
    Under the dome
    Next person that uses this part of the board as some quick and easy avenue to the Trade Section dies a slow and especially painful death.

This isn't some empty threat either, as I've spent the last week or so studying Black Magic and am pretty sure I now have the power to do that sort of thing.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    Big Boss
    Awsome tv Reality show

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    House of Cards holds the top spot at the moment, but I'm going to begin Game of Thrones and I've heard that might... Upset the order of things

Then again... I did like 24 back when Jack Bauer actually kicked butt, but then he became a grandpa and that kinda fell off for me. Also Dexter got bad that would've easily trumped House of Cards, but failed.

8. Movies & TV   -   #48
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    The Universe - Season 4

(S04E01) Death Stars
    Season 4 opens with an exploration of dying stars, the process where stars become supernovae, and, occasionally, become the biggest blast in the universe as a gamma ray burst (GRB). One death star, named WR104, lurks 8,000 light-years from Earth and some believe its GRB arrow is aimed directly at us. A death star galaxy named 3C321 is a frightening vision of what could one day befall the Milky Way galaxy: a companion galaxy's black hole being hammered with a constant blast of high-energy particles, wreaking havoc with its celestial bodies. Nearby, Death Stars Eta Carinae and Betelgeuse burn through their fuel supplies as they hurtle toward extinction...which just may be too close for comfort.

(S04E02) The Day the Moon Was Gone
    A look at what the Earth would be like if the moon did not exist. Includes the changes of the oceans and shifting currents, unusual weather patterns, and the changes which would occur between day and night.

(S04E03) It Fell From Space
    An examination of the natural and man-made objects which make their way through earth's atmosphere and make their way to the ground and what can be learned by the scientists. Such items include asteroids, parts off of rockets, comets, meteors and other space debris.

(S04E04) Biggest Blasts
    An examination of the most powerful explosions and blasts in the universe. Includes a look at the Mexico's Yucatán peninsula and the impact which caused the Chicxulub crater. Also a look at gamma rays and Big Bang Theory.

(S04E05) The Hunt for Ringed Planets
    An examination of all the planets which sport rings: Saturn, Uranus, Jupiter, Neptune and even Earth with their ring of satellites. Included is, what the rings tell us about the origins of both the solar system and galaxies.

(S04E06) 10 Ways to Destroy the Earth
    An examination of ten ways to destroy the Earth including being sucked into a black hole, annihilating it with antimatter; being hurled towards the sun; and the end of gravity.

(S04E07) The Search for Cosmic Clusters
    They are the one-stop-shopping places for learning all about the nature and variety of stars in the Universe. They're unique, because in clusters, all the stars were born at about the same time, from the same material and all are at the same approximate distance from Earth. This means we can be sure that any differences among them are due to their true natures and not distorted by different distances from Earth and other factors. In this episode, two kinds of star clusters in the galaxy are explored. "Open Clusters" are young, live in the spiral arms of the galaxy and give us insight into the birth and formation of stars. "Globular Clusters" are old, live in the outskirts of the galaxy and could be nearly as old as the Universe itself. In addition, explore Galaxy clusters to reveal the large-scale structure of the Universe, which is expanding so fast that eventually all other galaxies, except for our own, will literally disappear from our sight.

(S04E08) Space Wars
    Outer space is already an essential part of America's ability to fight wars. Our military depends on satellites for many things, such as communications, reconnaissance and targeting information. But so far, no country has put weapons into space, although the U.S. and China have both shown they can shoot down satellites with ground-based missiles. If weapons do become a part of space, how will they work, how effective will they be, and what type of damage could they do? From ground-based lasers to telephone-pole sized rods hurtling from space at two miles per second to the far out weapons of the distant future, it's time to "lock and load" for Space Wars.

(S04E09) Liquid Universe
    A closer look at all the type liquids which exist in our universe, including scalding iron rain, lakes of methane, oceans of electrified hydrogen metal and miles-high geysers.

(S04E10) Pulsars & Quasars
    They sort of sound like the same phenomenon, but Pulsars and Quasars are very different. Pulsars are tiny--only a few miles across--but they spin as fast as a kitchen blender and sweep the sky with beacons of radiation that make them appear to flash on and off. They have unbelievably strong magnetic fields, are more accurate than atomic clocks...and they can even tell aliens just where to find the Earth! Quasars are at the other end of the spectrum. Quasars are huge cores of galaxies with black holes that are called "monsters" and which spit lobes of radiating gas called "DRAGNs." Quasars are so far away, we see them as they were only in the distant past--meaning they existed only in the early universe, when they may have played a major role in the creation of the galaxies themselves.

(S04E11) Science Fiction. Science Fact
    Researchers make an attempt to turn science-fiction concepts into reality, including testing a "transporter." Also, physicists rewrite fundamental laws of the universe.

(S04E12) Extreme Energy
    Ours is a universe of energy, from powerful jets ejected from black holes to the raw nuclear fury of our Sun. But, the total amount of energy in the universe maintains perfect equilibrium--no more can be added or taken away. Because of this, there are enormous amounts of energy being transferred...electric, thermal, kinetic and magnetic energy are just a few that keep our universe balanced--and create awesome cosmic events and stellar displays.
    Last edited by dion09529; 12-20-2013 at 02:29 PM.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

9. Movies & TV   -   #49
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    This isn't some empty threat either, as I've spent the last week or so studying Black Magic and am pretty sure I now have the power to do that sort of thing.
    Great! ...now turn me back... but only handsomer this time k

10. Movies & TV   -   #50
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    The Universe - Season 4

and a bunch of copy/pasting .
    In a never-ending attempt to talk sense even though here it's generally pointless,I would think mentioning what you actually like about a show would be of infinitely more value than simply naming it.

I just sort of said I value people's input, even yours, so obviously I'm on the wrong site and probably mental as well.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast