Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raspberry PI

Just ordered two pi, one for Xbmc and the other to play about with, cheers for the info above

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #22
    With the launch on the new Pi 2 on Monday, im thinking of getting one of these to use as an always on usenet client based on the power savings in comparison to leaving even a netbook on 24/7. Looks like a bit of research is going to be required as I've never really used linux before, so the previous posts have been most useful

Moan time - The media really screwed up the launch announcement of this in regards to MS bringing windows 10 to the device whereas in reality 10 IOT. Just imagine, £30, Windows 10 it would have been the greatest computer bargain on the planet but sadly not to be.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #23
    I am running OpenElec which is a stripped down version of XBMC with all the features. Works great but is a bit slow in the menus

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #24
    tried all the pi and find them to slow for a media pc. but looking to get the new one as it looks like it may fix this problem

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #25
    Looking forward to the new Pi

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #26
    the updated specs turn this into a real value proposition

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #27
    Raspberry Pi 2 Model B is six times faster: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/eur...10-and-ubuntu/

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #28
    how is openelec performance with the raspberry pi 2?

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #29
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Just get a hummingboard, beagle bone black or banana pi, or something else that isn't a raspberry pi.

The people behind raspberry pi are pushing weird agendas on twitter, and other people do it better nowadays anyways.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #30
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by bubjet View Post
    how is openelec performance with the raspberry pi 2?
    That is subjective but I replace my 2 rev1 boards with PI2 and it is very slick with Openelec 5.0.3. There is so much extra stuff other than stream NFS 1080 I know but that is really all I use it for..... video playback is a lot more prompt on startup and navigation

Sorry best I can offer as that is all I use `em for

Rgds
    Grib

... also since I`ve seen that post about the xbmc tvaddons "addon" then yes it does that works really well too (not something I tried before but have now).... also very slick with nextpvr addon and menus at same time (again not something I even really attempted in the past - it was crap before)

Now on 5.0.5 of course
    Last edited by Gribley; 03-01-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast