Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raspberry PI

Smile

Does anyone have other OS for The Raspberry PI?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    What are you asking? Raspberry Pi has a number of Linux distributions specialized for it.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    I'd recommend buying at least 2 so that you can use another solely as a HTPC type device with XBMC installed.

Fantastic software!

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    LOL i have two, for that exact purpose (XBMC).

Check out the n00bs package though, that'll give you a whole array of different OSes you can install.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    These gadgets catch my attention again, and again. Fantastic what people have figured out ways to make use of them. Look forward to more powerful versions to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Running 3 Pi here. One with XBMC compiled on Arch linux and two for Home automation (ROS + IR). No problem so far and the best quality/price ratio. For XBMC though, you can check the alternatives board for something a little more powerfull.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    I love Pi - I have 2 running as media servers, one I have put inside a rubber key spectrum 48k, with a custom os that I have build from Raspian by basically cutting things out - on bootup plays manic miner loading screen and then boots straight into fuse (spectrum emulator)
    I am starting to get into automation and I think a Pi will work great for that too so have one with a vanilla build Raspian loading with the std development tools.
    Media servers are running RaspBMC

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Pi's are great but not amazing for newsgroup downloading etc if you want top speeds. Mine throttles out at about 3mbps SSL because if the yenc encoding being too hard on the processor.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    In case you're interested into some more powerfull board, you might be interested in wikipedia.org/Odroid.
    The Odroid-U3 or the XU might be of special interest. U3's got 4 Core Mali @ 1.7 Ghz and XU has a Samsung Exynos5 OcataCore BigLittle ARM @ 1.6 GHz.
    In general pretty powerfull and can be ordered for ~169$ from Korea. The companys own page is tending to be somewhat slow sometimes, and right now it is not reachable from here. But it's URL would be http://www.hardkernel.com/main/produ...=G137510300620

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    If you are running PlexMediaServer, there is RASPlex running as a plex client. Enjoy the Pie.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast