Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blu ray regions Help!!!

I started a thread in another forum on this board re: streaming boxes awhile back, and settled on the Roku4; all my premium channels plus netflix/hulu plus a lot of 'free to stream' places, but at the end of the day it all amounts to around 20-30% of the released movies (figure the sound era 1929 upwards) and a bit more (maybe 30-40%) of all the tv series, all with a heavy preponderance on the last 20 or so years.

BTW, for folks still subscribing to premium channels on cable/satellite, the amount and breath of streaming material available is MUCH greater on their 'Roku' apps than that 'available' to stream directly from the carrier; i.e., HBO-Go and such, so even if one is not looking (at present) to 'cord cut', it's worth it to get one of these cheap boxes and go to town streaming with one of these apps and get a lot better value out of your premium dollar.

But in short, of the close to 100TB of movies/tv shows I've processed in the last 20+ years, and have either on my local NAS or burned on either BD25's/DVD9's/DVD5's, around 95+% are not available on any streaming service/site, either through subscription (Netflix et. al.) or via pay-per-view.

So it's all got a LONG way to go yet. Not to say that one can stream for hours/days/weeks/months(?) at a time and go bonkers doing so.

Now on the 'cord cutting' side, the lack of 'live' streaming, if one thinks of replacing their cable/satellite subscription, has even further to go.

But, if one has access to a non-capped decent speed internet service, it's not bad.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy98 View Post
    Streaming is definitely the wave of the future. If you want the popular new releases that's fine. If you want some older, more obscure stuff it's a problem.
    Do you have any examples that you can't get on Usenet or torrents Today?? That would be interesting to know??
    And by meaning can't find Movies? TV shows? or Documentaries ?

Again when i did say streaming, it was not meant to be live only, even a person with little skills on pc's or none are finding ways, be it friends or purchasing files from people to stream on there own hard drives in there homes (I am one, but i never charge anyone, i do it for a lot of friends and relatives that do like older shows or movies, or PPV stuff they don't subscribe too)...

I say this because i have had some weird request in the past (can't remember off the top of my head), and it may have taken some searching and a good Usenet provider (i would agree on some torrents, as there is no seeders anymore), but i don't think i have never not found a request that someone has given me..And i am not saying i have a magical way or better way for searching, for some reason sooner or later i find it.....

Shay
    Hi shaina,
    Yeah, one example is I was trying to find kino's release of Nosferatu in blu ray format. It's not something that lots of people are interested in so it's harder to find. Yes, there are versions of this film out there but this transfer is way above the rest. To be honest, I prefer usenet and don't use torrents.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    tommy98...
    Did you find it??

Are you talking about this one?
    NOSFERATU 1922 REMASTERED 1080P BLURAY X264-GHOULS
    Is this the DVD version??
    NOSFERATU 1922 SILENT DVDRIP XVID-ILC

It seemed someone else was a fan or it was requested (if that is the right one you wanted), and i do know if you belong to a better NZB site, sooner or later someone will fill the request if you have one. One site i belong to they just don't search other uploaders and make the NZB for you to download, they also physically upload request if they have it or know someone that does and again upload it to help people what they are looking for...
    And i agree with you, i am not a big fan of torrents either, it is usually my last resort..
    Last edited by shaina; 11-27-2015 at 12:41 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    That may be the one. I finally ended up ordering the blu-ray today for black friday week. Thanks though.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    That may be the one. I finally ended up ordering the blu-ray today for black friday week. Thanks though.
    Again I don't know what other source you use for retrieving files (other NZB sites or if you do your own manual raw searches in all the binary groups, i am too old fat and lazy for that now), but if you have any requests to see if anything you want does or does not exist, just send me a pm and i will see if i can locate it for you, (keeps me busy ) and if you do raw searches i can give you the Binary name at least to make the search easier..

Like i said server is the way to go today (unless you are collector of some sorts), or i would have thousands of disks all over the place

Shay

PS. My brother is a collector of old/vintage horror and suspense movies crap, and he has a bunch of original props in his apartment (really bloody creepy if you as me but to each there own i guess )....

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I finally ended up ordering the blu-ray today for black friday week.
    I'm probably the only person here who immediately recognized your avatar picture as Caroline Munro and even I'm not that stupid.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Again I don't know what other source you use for retrieving files (other NZB sites or if you do your own manual raw searches in all the binary groups, i am too old fat and lazy for that now), but if you have any requests to see if anything you want does or does not exist, just send me a pm and i will see if i can locate it for you, (keeps me busy ) and if you do raw searches i can give you the Binary name at least to make the search easier..

Like i said server is the way to go today (unless you are collector of some sorts), or i would have thousands of disks all over the place

Shay

PS. My brother is a collector of old/vintage horror and suspense movies crap, and he has a bunch of original props in his apartment (really bloody creepy if you as me but to each there own i guess )....
    Wow. I'll let you know if I'm searching for something. Thanks so much for the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I finally ended up ordering the blu-ray today for black friday week.
    I'm probably the only person here who immediately recognized your avatar picture as Caroline Munro and even I'm not that stupid.
    Ha! You are correct. It's a gif I made where her eyes move back and forth in a creepy way but it doesn't seem to work on this site. I don't know why.
    Last edited by tommy98; 11-27-2015 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12