Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

Thread: which is your all time favorite movie ???

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    What makes The Bedford Incident a memorable movie for me is the development of the characters, and the complex building of tensions between them. These days movies are all about the next adrenalin rush, or fear response with little thought to the characters and how they interact, there is very little subtext to the story just a bucket load of explosions, thousands of rounds of ammo expended, and an unnecessarily long winded amount of CGI effects.

Nice film school answer,Leonard Maltin but I was rather hoping for a more human answer on why that particular movie and not some equally worthy one speaks to your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    And now, after this brief word from our sponsors, it's back to spastic one line sentences with little to no context......

Quote Originally Posted by Demonictoyz View Post
    Oldies are always great. how about 'Blonds have more fun' (1979)
    In life as in Art few things disappoint as much as predictability.

Also "oldies" are hardly ever great.
    PS ffs.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-21-2014 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #202
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Nice film school answer,Leonard Maltin but I was rather hoping for a more human answer on why that particular movie and not some equally worthy one speaks to your soul.
    Art is from the south of the equator, which if my American history classes are correct, is a "fiery pit of torture and brimstone". Essentially, it is where bad people go for being non-white or having too many natural resources.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #203
    True story.I just happened to watch a bit of House Hunters International featuring Wellington and the thought struck me that when reading people's posts I always have a Canadian dialect artificially attached to everyone.
    I am attempting now to be more accurate in my imagining of everybody and I have to say that Art sure doesn't sound near as smart with that funny accent.

You on the other hand still sound fat.

A bit more nasally though.

Rart is basically the same but now ends a lot of sentences with Ah so.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-21-2014 at 06:40 PM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #204
    War of the Worlds 1953

5. Movies & TV   -   #205
    True story.I just happened to watch a bit of House Hunters International featuring Wellington and the thought struck me that when reading people's posts I always have a Canadian dialect artificially attached to everyone.
    No wonder you are so surly. That would be enough to drive anyone over the edge.

BTW, you probably shouldn't try to come across as superio[u]r AND admit to watching House Hunters in the same post.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #206
    I was being cereal.Don't you do the same thing and just have everyone speak in your case in Northeastern American?
    I just find that weird or telling or something.

I also,strangely,don't attach images to most people except those who have provided pictures.
    I'm pretty sure this is unhealthy on some social or psychological level.

As for trying to be superior,mostly that is the furthest thing from my mind the thing I'm least trying to do.
    I get frustrated by people's seeming lack of caring and wish for better, and this is how I deal with it, that's all.

Btw I've also been know in times of boredom to watch Survivor and The Amazing Race and even,God help me,America's Got Talent .

7. Movies & TV   -   #207
    I was being cereal.Don't you do the same thing and just have everyone speak in your case in Northeastern American?
    I just find that weird or telling or something.
    If you mean, "Try to sound out the big words", then yes.

Honestly, I tend to read online the way I have always done so with novels. That is, each individual takes on (usual) characteristics or tone based on what I have learned about them. From what I understand from prior conversations like this, your way is FAR more common- people just do not realize they are doing it.

Now I'm off to factor into my head-speech-calculator the knowledge of your watching of our ('Merkin) lowest common denominator programming.

OK, got it. Your new voice:

8. Movies & TV   -   #208
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Never did a film course in my life

Believe it or not that is actually my human answer, I like a believable interplay between characters, and a plot driven story that builds on the interactions between the characters. Recent films that also fall into this category and are memorable films for me are Training Day, Michael Clayton and Gosford Park, but for me personally the tension created and the climactic scenes of The Bedford Incident are more memorable.

Anything else, Torquemada?

I am attempting now to be more accurate in my imagining of everybody and I have to say that Art sure doesn't sound near as smart with that funny accent.

At least I don't go around saying 'eh' all the time.....
    Last edited by Artemis; 06-23-2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. Movies & TV   -   #209
    Groundhog day.
    Last edited by ziggyjuarez; 06-23-2014 at 04:17 PM.

10. Movies & TV   -   #210
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez View Post
    Groundhog day.
    If you want to see a FAR less poignant, less interesting, but filled with CGI violence that the storyline makes you realize doesn't matter version, see Edge of Tomorrow with Tom Cruise playing action hero Bill Murray caught up in a Starship Troopers world.

Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast