Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Movie Conversion Question

I'll try that link from accat13 and c if it can fix the error. I'd really hate for any of you to try and download a big file you don't need just to help me ... it's big for me at least on a 56k - over 700,000kb. Trust me I would have bought it but I live in Udonthani Thailand and they don't have any English cartoons for my daughter which is really important to me cause shes only 25% Thai and 75% American. Anyway i'll c ....
    Thanx

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    DARKSHADOW's Avatar Poster
    the easy way to make vcd with tmpenc after u conv the sound with virtdub is open tmpenc close wizard open avi look at the bottom and it will tell u the frame rate cllick the load botton click templates select which vcd u want to make then click settings chosse quality and start your end file will all ways nealy double then split in 2 and burn to 2 cds

basic terms for vcd
    1 templa chose ntsc for 29. fps
    pal 25 fps
    ntsc film anything else
    2 bitrate setting to reduce the file starts 1150 standard lower u go smaller u get with reduced qual
    3 there is also an unlock temp to change the bitrate etc
    4 the template do all the settings for u
    5 if u do change bitrate etc u must change the stream video sytem setting to vcd non stardard

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    I dl the G-Spot thing and it said both my codecs were fine .. I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible to copy this particular movie to VCD format ?.!?.!

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    ok I already split the file into 2 but like a moron I forgot to switch the audio to WAV so I'm gonna try and c again if it works with the audio set as WAV instead. I have no idea if this is what caused the error "illegal floating decimal" error or not cause I have NO CLUE what that means but ...

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Hey soma.

I downloaded the file from the hash you gave me.

I have encoded it with no problems. i have done a template for you to use with it.

http://www.geocities.com/trxsucks/lion.txt

Rename the file to something like lion.mcf (change the .txt to .mcf) and put it in c:\program files\tmpegenc\templates (you'll know its right cos there's a load of other .mcf files there)

so, use open VDUB, open file, wait for the error to finish whatever it does, and do file>save wav

when u use TMPEGENC, load the template Lion (at the bottom)

load the avi in first box, and the wav in the second

skip through to the penultimate screen and do expert. (make sure that "video arrange method" is in "Full, keep aspect ratio") and boom bang...should be done (in like 2 hours)

hope this works for ya

<insert signature here>

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    hey vivitron i&#39;ve never used templates let me see if I understand.. open up a text file.. copy and paste your link into it .. rename it .. put it into your tmpgenc templates folder and voila... we all learn somethig from these forums hours of trouble shooting is passed very quickly and can be used on other files thanks....accat13

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    yeah accat.

basically, download it, and rename it to template.mcf and put it in templates folder.

when you start the wizard, your template name will be there...in this one, all the options are unlocked, so u can play with the size etc.
    2 things

1. you need to call it .mcf and not .txt, but geocities didn&#39;t like it being called .mcf, so i changed it. so easiest is just to dload, and rename directly...don&#39;t need to open a new file or anything

2. if nero, or whatever you use asks about standard compliance, just do "turn off compliance and continue"...all this is is that it knows your file isn&#39;t in 1100 fps, or whatever the standard is, but it doesn&#39;t make a difference
    <insert signature here>

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    It worked &#33;&#33;&#33; Thanx Vivitron - and everyone else. ...finally, i also learned a lot more about using TMPEGenc and Vdub. If you&#39;ll don&#39;t mind I&#39;m gonna ask another quick question related to the same thing. Referring to Music Videos, some have better quality sound wise and picture, is it possible to use one of the above programs to kind of equal the quality on them - you know can you improve quality so they all sound the same at a certain volume ? Thanx again everybody, I really appreciate it.

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    You can lower a file&#39;s quality, but you can&#39;t increase it. Once that extra data is gone, nothing can bring it back.

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Poster
    Soma
    An easy way (lazy )
    if&#39;s it just for the kids to see on the TV is get a tv graphics card(cheap now days),and just plug it into your TV if you need to copy it to free up space on your hard drive just record it whit the video or save it as a data disk you can save up 720mb on a 80min disk, hope this helps

regards

Oni

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123