Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead files in Newshosting

Incorrect. 'UFC' IS 'rasslin', and 'Game of Thrones' has been available (in both SD/DVD and HD/Bluray) ever since the end of the first season (or the start of the second, I can't remember which). In fact, HBO is on record saying they have 'moved up' the release date to home video, due to the widespread availability of captures through torrents; no mention, btw, of usenet.
    I meant the UFC has nothing to do with Pro Wrestling. The fights are real. I said G.O.T was not available OTR or on Netflix. Most people want to see it on the day it airs not on DVD after the season is over. A complete season is about €45. Who wants to pay that much months after the season is over? It's cheaper on Usenet <g>

But like I pointed out, there's so much either 'in the clear' completely (just look at the listings here on FST) or with utilizing 'open' encryption (I've helped many here figure out that system) that does a pretty fair job of obfuscation.

A good example of 'open' postings is 'Real Time' (HBO/Bill Mahr) that has a couple folks posting it literally hours after it's 'broadcast', and have been doing so for multiple years/seasons, yet I've never seen them ever taken down. Again, not 'rasslin' or p0rn, and I guess by your definition it's a 'small audience' (so all those folks that post messages moaning and groaning on a.b.teevee when it takes the folks doing the captures more than a few hours processing it must be a figment of my imagination).
    Even some of G.O.T episodes are put out in the clear. The purpose of using a newznab type indexer is to automate the process. It's not just a matter of decoding the encrypted files. It's also important to filter out all spam and passworded files. It's possible to do filtering on raw indexers but it's so much more convenient to pay somebody a modest amount of money each year to do it for you.

If you want to do it yourself, you can set up your own newznab indexer. There is no conspiracy by uploaders to get people to join a paysite. I'll take your word for it that your "open encryption " is working. Still, I don't like wading through spam filled raw indexers unless I'm looking for something that I can't find on a good index or a good forum.

Trying to find worthwhile cracked software on a raw indexer is usually an exercise in futility. Ditto for a lot of other things that have nothing to do with TV or movies.

Ever since Newsbin #1 popularized the NZB, it has seldom been free of charge to get all NZBs in a spam free/password free index.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by user3240 View Post
    I meant the UFC has nothing to do with Pro Wrestling. The fights are real. I said G.O.T was not available OTR or on Netflix. Most people want to see it on the day it airs not on DVD after the season is over. A complete season is about €45. Who wants to pay that much months after the season is over? It's cheaper on Usenet <g>.
    You gave me my first good laugh of the day. I suppose you think that 'superhero' flix are 'real' as well, and people are so enamored of episodic tv fare they can't wait a year or so to find out if Joey bangs Jill or Guido wacks whomever; Really.

What difference is it going to make 20 years from now...? Zero. The only thing I can figure is that general tv fare in the Euro-zone is so poor (I lived there for several years, three big chunks of time), with 1-2 tv channels (pre-satellite and in later years with) and it was pretty dull overall, being 'programmed' by government bureaucrats. But still. Get a life, seriously.

Soprano got wacked. Gilligan kinda got off the island. The 'Fringe' folks were all living in a dream (or something, who can figure out THAT ending!?!), and Joey will still be banging Jill 100 years from now, in video heaven. All pretty minimal fare, got for a evening or two of mind numbing.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Beck you have no fucking clue what you are talking about when it comes to the UFC and mixed martial arts. You don't obviously watch it, have any mixed martial arts background, nor have an understanding of the techniques employed. You can laugh all you want but you just come off like an idiot.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by hdjunky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nntpjunkie View Post

I use newshosting and have been with them a long time - I don't have any issue downloading anything, but I also use Eweka as my backup filler. As they are dutch, they cannot be touched by the likes of the DMCA :-)
    you are also a shill for newshosting and highwinds. it isnt just chance that you recomend a highwinds block provider to fill in your highwinds main provider.
    Why don't you try it for yourself and you'll see that I am right and you can give an opinion that actually benefits the other users on the board. The combo works...
    Digital World...You can't handle the Digital World! What did your Mom buy you a PUTER for Christmas!
    http://usenetgeeks.com

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by nntpjunkie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goodbuddy View Post
    I have been using Newshosting for many years
    But i seem to be getting more and more dead files
    Even quite new NZB files go red when I try and download them
    Does anyone else have the same problem?
    Thanks in advance for any info.
    I use newshosting and have been with them a long time - I don't have any issue downloading anything, but I also use Eweka as my backup filler. As they are dutch, they cannot be touched by the likes of the DMCA :-)
    Actually Eweka can be touched by the likes of the DMCA.
    Last edited by ng4ever; 12-05-2013 at 11:30 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    DngrMs's Avatar Super Rodent
    Quote Originally Posted by user3240 View Post
    Nobody listens to a guy who says He has some virtually foolproof way of posting on Usenet that is easy to figure out and yet "beats" the takedown bots. Show us some proof. Show us a few Godamnn posts of popular shows (subject to rapid takedowns ) that proves your method.
    This. I've asked for an example of this "magic" in the past and haven't received one.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman_1 View Post
    Beck you have no fucking clue what you are talking about when it comes to the UFC and mixed martial arts. You don't obviously watch it, have any mixed martial arts background, nor have an understanding of the techniques employed. You can laugh all you want but you just come off like an idiot.
    This too. MMA != Pro Wrestling

---

Beck38 has some valid technical knowledge and certainly some patience and tenacity but he overlooks some basic Usenet concepts such as provider segregation.

Posting with clear names is fine. Posting with encoded names is fine too as long as some people know how to decode them.

Get a provider without US links and don't focus on retention.

(Disclaimer: I get my UFC from FTP or IRC, it's often faster.)
    Just like the NSA, I'm compelled to copy everything I want to.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by DngrMs View Post
    Disclaimer: I get my UFC from FTP or IRC, it's often faster.
    This is one area where private torrent sites have strength. Rarely, if ever, is there an issue with file takedowns. For those experiencing difficulty with shows such as UFC, it might not hurt to have a general tracker. Use newsgroups for everything else.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 12-08-2013 at 09:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Disclaimer: I get my UFC from FTP or IRC, it's often faster.
    This is one area where private torrent sites have strength. Rarely, if ever, is there an issue with file takedowns. For those experiencing difficulty with shows such as UFC, it might not hurt to have a general tracker. Use newsgroups for everything else.
    Je ne comprends pas... how does my preference for FTP or IRC over Usenet (all one-way traffic) equate to recommending bittorrent?

Unless you have a rock-solid secure tracker then that's the last avenue I'd recommend for targeted content...

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

Je ne comprends pas... how does my preference for FTP or IRC over Usenet (all one-way traffic) equate to recommending bittorrent?

Unless you have a rock-solid secure tracker then that's the last avenue I'd recommend for targeted content...
    Sorry, I quoted you, but was speaking generally to those who are having trouble finding certain files.

Personally, I stick to private trackers and limit my uploading to 140%. This makes up for files that "fall short" and keeps my chances of being snagged to a reasonable level. It has been a couple years since I received any kind of DMCA notice and I was FAR more careless during the couple times I did receive letters.

FTP and IRC are good options if they are available.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 12-08-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    ...was speaking generally to those who are having trouble finding certain files.
    Got ya
    ---
    Both FTP and IRC are open to all and easily accessible. You're sure to pay for good FTP ax but unless you need sub 60 min content then you can suck it off IRC for free...

Edit: I've convinced my dim self that the only people who pay for random FTP sites are uploaders to file lockers who are dragneting credits.
    Last edited by DngrMs; 12-08-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12