Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone into hifi headphones?

Bowers and Wilkins P3's..excellent all rounders!

2. Music   -   #12
    If you have the money- then Bose qc15 with built in noise cancelling so you hear the music without any other noise. - The best but expensive.

3. Music   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I appreciate the fact neither of you could be bothered to read past posts and see that Funkin' was looking at the under $100 range and already found some.

Also Bose is far from the best http://www.head-fi.org/products/stax...s/reviews/7262
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Music   -   #14
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Idol has been missed. No fucking joke there...

And Tson, nothing funny about those. Koss makes some great headphones. And the ones you pointed out are supposed to be particularly good for the price. There's another pair, Koss portapros(over ear ones) that are cheap and are supposed to have great sound. Anyways, Koss is pretty much known for budget but good sounding phones. I was going to get those(portapros) when i first started getting into headphones, but i went with the Grado's instead. I just liked the vintage look of the Grado's, and now i couldn't be happier i made that choice.

Anyways, anyone that wants to get into this and don't want to spend a lot their first time, try Tson's rec(or the portapros), or the creative aurvana 3 that i just got(again, fucking balanced armature butter for the price) or the Grado S60i's(if you want a pair of cans). Both are in the $60 price ranges(koss's are cheaper in price than that) and will blow away any stock buds that you're using.

5. Music   -   #15
    I have found this link to be very helpful when comparing headphones.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shoo...added-09-07-13

6. Music   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Idol has been missed.
    I don't know whether to be happy for the compliment or sad that you're obviously back to doing the hard drugs.

Anyway I went out and bought two pair of those $5000 Stax headphones so I can wear both pair simultaneously and mimic quadraphonic sound because I'm big into The Who.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Music   -   #17
    Hey Gents (& ladies) got a pair of SR60is I love to death, but the right side cable has worn where I have intermittent loss on that side. I'm kinda out of my element in these matters: 60is + a cheap cmoy amp. Just looking for a reliable recabling service I think? Thought about grabbing the Turbulent drivers and wood cups. Worst case I've been eyeballing the Alessandro MS2s? Help?! I like my lowend bass.

8. Music   -   #18
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Just a thought: If your cabling has worn/been damaged through use, might it be worth finding a similar, upgraded set that includes the removable/replaceable cables. You could use this as a chance to step up, but keep the style and sound elements you enjoy while saving yourself future similar repair issues.

BTW, stop dragging your right ear on your shoulder as you walk.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Music   -   #19
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Hey Gents (& ladies) got a pair of SR60is I love to death, but the right side cable has worn where I have intermittent loss on that side. I'm kinda out of my element in these matters: 60is + a cheap cmoy amp. Just looking for a reliable recabling service I think? Thought about grabbing the Turbulent drivers and wood cups. Worst case I've been eyeballing the Alessandro MS2s? Help?! I like my lowend bass.
    I have the SR60i's as well!

yo

10. Music   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    BTW, stop dragging your right ear on your shoulder as you walk.
    my gf said it was from wearing them like a pretend dj. I was pretty pissed, bought a couple records earlier in the day too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    I have the SR60i's as well!
    Where the two cables meet at the "Y" the vinyl has worn through. So now I gotta wiggle them and then hold still like a jackass.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast