Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cinavia

Anyone figure out how to bypass Cinavia?

Thnaks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Honestly, the best two choices are:

1) Grab a source that does not have the protection on it
    2) Use a player that does not enforce that protection

I do not believe there is a way to 'strip' that protection from the file, or release groups would most likely remove it initially.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Honestly, the best two choices are:

1) Grab a source that does not have the protection on it
    2) Use a player that does not enforce that protection

I do not believe there is a way to 'strip' that protection from the file, or release groups would most likely remove it initially.
    I second your suggestions.

You can actually remove "Cinavia" but it is a real pain in the ass!!!! It is a sound and voice base protection, so downgrading and
    re-encoding the sound quality will remove it.
    But in reality there is so many versions of movies and programs uploaded today , some in the nfo file tells you they have removed Cinavia ,stick with those uploaded and away you go
    I would also suggest to stay away from Sony products (enforcers of this crap) to play or stream this type of media unless you have them jail-broken
    Last edited by shaina; 03-23-2015 at 06:58 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by timinhawaii View Post
    Seen a few fake apps that have a 'database'... you know they just replace the audio track.

Is a very clever protection, (much better than the old macrovision days of fast/slow agc, -1v on sync pulse and or colour burst in the first un-displayed lines) but still only as good as you needing to use a BluRay player, throw it away (they are cheap now) and just get a streamer box. You have the raw ISO/MKV/AVI files anyway so buy a cheap external drive to USB plugin' to your $30 device and then no need to worry anymore

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    As Meg mentioned: remux a non-watermarked audio track or use playback hardware that ignores $inavia. There isn't any magic bullet (pubically at least) that I'm aware of.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    There isn't any magic bullet (pubically at least) that I'm aware of.
    Can`t see the commercials in anyone trying to break it anymore, other than for fun (and since in the analog range then even harder for digital crackers - @source). It a well written protection but relies on the client/hardware to enforce hence just don`t use the hardware

I was personally impressed with this protection as it is subtle and was good for a couple of years. Only flaw is the end player has to endorse.... still very clever

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timinhawaii View Post
    Seen a few fake apps that have a 'database'... you know they just replace the audio track.

Is a very clever protection, (much better than the old macrovision days of fast/slow agc, -1v on sync pulse and or colour burst in the first un-displayed lines) but still only as good as you needing to use a BluRay player, throw it away (they are cheap now) and just get a streamer box. You have the raw ISO/MKV/AVI files anyway so buy a cheap external drive to USB plugin' to your $30 device and then no need to worry anymore
    Yes this is a good suggestion ,but when you have hundreds of movies and hundreds of tv shows and music, to add that fills up multiple hard drives. It is a great convenience just to stream it throughout all the home, rather then pulling off small pieces of the library you accumulate.
    I use to do what you suggested, heck I used to burn all of it cds and dvds , but for real convenience I just stream it internally.
    The bottom line there is a quite of few up loaders, that do all the encoding already to remove Cinavia in the media , just look for those uploads they come out just as fast as the others.
    And the most important is to try to avoid Sony products unless they are jail -broken
    I have Samsung and Lg smart tvs and xbox 360s, I throw everything at them and I never have a problem one PS3 I have issues with big time ,and another I don't (figure out why??) I avoid using the one that gives me problems, it is that simple,
    There is lots of programs that will remove Cinavia , but it usuall degrades the sound to 2 channel or pro logic. And to remove the water mark isn't that easy because there is multiple water marks that is why it is difficult not to degrade the sound.
    When Sony sent out the update, they didn't tell you what was in it , and a lot of people who don't go online got lucky and didn't take it, those ps3's are not affected. And I think it is the same with some of there blue ray players.
    Edit: I noticed Gribley you mention to plug the drive right into the media unit? I am pretty sure Sony products still will pick up that blocker, but not other manufactures
    Last edited by shaina; 03-24-2015 at 04:25 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    I noticed Gribley you mention to plug the drive right into the media unit? I am pretty sure Sony products still will pick up that blocker, but not other manufactures
    I mean scrap the whole player (or keep for legacy real BluRay/DVD) and get a Pi2 or some board that is full 1080P 'system on a chip' for $30 then plug in anything and/or stream without any of these issues. I just happen to like my Pi2 with XBMC\KODI but that is my pref, there are alternatives (Plex etc).

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    [I mean scrap the whole player (or keep for legacy real BluRay/DVD) and get a Pi2 or some board that is full 1080P 'system on a chip' for $30 then plug in anything and/or stream without any of these issues. I just happen to like my Pi2 with XBMC\KODI but that is my pref, there are alternatives (Plex etc).
    Hey Gribley
    Lets say you own.....
    - xbox 360 runs 1080p (no Cinavia issues but not friendly with MKV format)
    - ps3 runs 1080p (will run any format but Cinavia issues)
    -smart TV's runs 1080p (will run any format except sony TV's Cinavia issues)
    -AV amplifiers runs 1080p (no issues with Cinavia will play any format except sony amps Cinavia issues)
    -Apple runs 1080p (no Cinavia but limited in formats played)
    -Pivos Aios runs 1080p (no issues Cinavia plays everything you throw at it)
    All these products stream great, on Wi-Fi and wired extremely faster
    You are right and I agree with you , that would solve the problem
    What do you suggest without spending any more money , and using what you have, to solve the Cinavia problem

anything posted from these uploaders has removed Cinavia
    -SANTi
    - jugs
    -Hive-CM8
    - YIFY
    -CROOKS
    If you can find any of these would be good to post here
    Last edited by shaina; 03-25-2015 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Ideal would be a uPnP server that transcodes and removes at source but not aware of any that do that.... no idea how those groups manage to remove it but I have never really looked that hard having not got a BluRay player, Sony TV or indeed ever touched a Playstation any version

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast