Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Thread: True Detective

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I will finish up all episodes including the newest one tonight and comment further with a better prospective.

@Idol: Thank you! (Where did you get all that stuff?)
    @Meg: I'm excited about the end shoot-out sequence now! Also thanks to both of your banter... I'm now firmly addicted to "PD".
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-20-2015 at 10:42 PM. Reason: At times "Binge" watching does have a down side... comprehension.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Movies & TV   -   #122
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    I'm now firmly addicted to "PD".
    I'm now down to the last 2 eps of season 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #123
    Good show but lots of wholes in the plot

4. Movies & TV   -   #124
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Thanks to all I have a better grasp now of whats going on now... or at the very least I'm less confused

(The biggest change I noticed was the "Never Mind" theme song wording.)
    (Great shoot-out sequence at the end of episode 4! Made my night!)

@Idol: Though a lesser character... wasn't Bezzarides's (task force) partner killed in the shoot-out? (My frame by frame slow-motion was still fuzzy)
    @Idol: Also after episode 5... "Hopefully this is a redemption type story........." ...yep, just throw a big "Oops!" in there and you might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    I'm now firmly addicted to "PD".
    I'm now down to the last 2 eps of season 2.
    Just wait...
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-21-2015 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Staying Focused
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

5. Movies & TV   -   #125
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    The fat, even more corrupt cop got shot in the head near the very start. Kind of a waste of a character as he was tasked to following Woodrugh around for yet to be explained reasons and now it comes out that he also knew something of the diamonds in the safety deposit box.

Quote Originally Posted by DitchCrew View Post
    Good show but lots of wholes in the plot
    Yeah but every good show is but a some of it's parts.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #126
    Great show. I actually like the first season more. The second season seems to be missing the chemistry. Oh well just my opinion.

7. Movies & TV   -   #127
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall1022 View Post
    Great show. I actually like the first season more. The second season seems to be missing the chemistry. Oh well just my opinion.
    I think you are spot on with that assessment. So far, though, the script has deliberately made each of the characters not mesh. We'll see if they come together later in the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Movies & TV   -   #128
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    All I can say is that if the producers set out to make the finale to be the least satisfying thing humanly possible then a job well done.

Also were the extra thirty minutes just so they could squeeze in a whole bunch more pointless aerial shots of freeways?

I only wish this was a movie so I could ask for my money back.

To Season 3 of True Defective I say

Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-10-2015 at 01:12 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Movies & TV   -   #129
    Too right. Season 2 was so far from Season 1, that it looks like another team wrote it. And I think Nic Pizzolatto musta been coersed to write it...

I doubt Season 3 will live up to the standards set by Season 1 and I'm pretty much convinced there will never be a Season 4.

10. Movies & TV   -   #130
    Season 2 wasn't as good as season 1 like you say it was a bit all over the place.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast