Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Converting my Avi files

Is there a simply program that will convert large amount of Avi files from h264 to xvid as my 12volt tv wont play h264 files. Usually use Freemake video converter as can set most things to what i want. Only problem with it is the setting for kbps wont stay set to make all files the same. Mainly converting tv programs and would love them all to be close to same size if possible. Thanks guys for any help you may give.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You could just find the xvid version to begin with. Download the whole season from the same release group.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    most are avi h264 thats where problem started.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    It would probably be worth the small expenditure to get some sort of set top device that will play more codecs. FireTV from Amazon goes on sale for $79. I got one for a friend during Christmas for $69. What is your time worth? Western Digital also makes an inexpensive, good device.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    WinAVI All in One Converter is doing a fair job just so slow.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    You can use the older version of handbrake (v 0.9.3) which I believe is the last version that supported xvid. You can either manually queue up the jobs in their gui or create your own commandline script.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    My favorite Any Video Converter
    Was a paid software earlier but now free. Has everything you need or will need in future.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Movavi is ok but can load 20 files all same time but when you convert most will convert to around 350mb but 3 or so end up about 300mb for some reason.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I've had good luck with AVS Video Converter and Any Video Converter. Both work out great for what I need. Both are simple and straight forward to use. Both will do batch conversions and separate into individual files.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I use Format Factory and haven't had a problem. But, like other programs, it is slow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast