Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Paid Usenet service provider

Im using Frugal. It only costs $50/year. The retention is quoted at only 300 days, however it seems to let me download much older stuff (>1000 days). Download speeds are fast enough for me at an average of 4MB/s. Im in Australia, so if you were closer to the servers speeds will probably be faster.

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    Thundernews!

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    anyone else having speed issues with astraweb? in the evenings i only get 5mbps but in the daytime i get 25mbps. i think i will switch to another provider, maybe tweaknews...

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by rosspelton11 View Post
    anyone else having speed issues with astraweb? in the evenings i only get 5mbps but in the daytime i get 25mbps. i think i will switch to another provider, maybe tweaknews...
    Outside of a small (2-3hr) window on Sunday nights? No.

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    I'm in my 2nd year with usenetserver. Many of the popular new movies get taken down though the overall quality of their service is excellent.

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    Been using newshosting with no problems at all.

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by t_unit View Post
    I'm in my 2nd year with usenetserver. Many of the popular new movies get taken down though the overall quality of their service is excellent.
    same here!

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    Dolfan-Neil's Avatar Poster
    You want a Norwegian provider with no ties to the US to avoid the takedowns.

http://www.ngprovider.com/euro-based...-providers.php

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    I use easynews and they seem to be quite good and the takedowns dont seem to effect as much as with some of the others, but I dont have statiscal proof that there is any difference though.

10. Newsgroups   -   #30
    I'm using GigaNews through VyprVPN on my Linux-box using SabNZB. The VyprVPN-connection is dynamicaly changing so that the exit-point is being changed day by day. In addition I am using Sunny-Usenet because it's very cheap and it's always good to have a failover.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast