Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Comcast has "secretly" bumped up their internet speeds.

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Taxpayers subsidise(d) a large portion of the cost to build the network. It is corrupt as fuk to require all of that, and at that cost. If there was any kind of competition, rates would be on par with what Google is charging.

I believe there is one other hidden element which applies to all residential customers (not business)- usage caps. They monitor customers and if you actually use that speed all the time, they will threaten to cut your service off. I know, I got a call. I used 750GB one month seeding unthrottled. They object when you use what you are paying for.
    I have a 250gb "cap". After that, it basically goes down to dial-up speeds through the end of your billing period. Again, in Texas with Time Warner, no cap.

yo

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #42
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I can't see any benefit to paying that much per month- especially being locked in for 3 years= $14,400. Plus install, etc.

Big Corporations: the cause of, and (expensive) solution to all of life's problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345