Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I was picked on all my life

So was I .....

2. Lounge   -   #32
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    The thing about being bullied is that someone is giving you their attention. If you weren't being bullied, it means you are no-one.

Take pleasure in the fact that someone felt the need to dedicate some time to your harassment; without that care and attention, you'd grow up thinking the world was a safe place, not realising that there are depraved individuals all over this globe, often in control of our countries we live in.

The biggest bullies are the likes of Big Dave Cameron, Barack Obama, François Hollande, Angela Merkel and Vladimir Putin, who would have ensured that all opposition was removed allowing them free access to the highest levels of power. No one gets where they want without stepping on a few toes, or chopping off a few hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    The kindof attention you don't want though ,TheFox(the physical attention is never good, how can it?)

The way I see it is you have a choice to make and it's a sophie's choice no doubt. You have to lose all fear and I mean ALL fear and it's risky. You have to be prepared to get a beating but make sure you take out an ear. You have to make sure the bully atleast thinks 5-10 times before he will pick on you again. Hell you might get killed but does this bully really wanna be in jail? I seriously doubt that, afterall he's a human being too and has something to lose. I mean if he doesnt have something to lose(and I seriously doubt he doesnt) then you're fucked anyway right? So why not fight back? What do you have to lose besides getting humiliated?

I mean I realise its easy to talk about this and the realities are quite different but would you rather live feeling humiliated and taken advantage of all your life? Well that's the choice you make.

The other better option is that you have a sharp tongue and you make this bully feel small. Sure you will get punched so what? Atleast you mindfucked the little bastard. But the reality is that only some ppl have that talent of being quick witted, some don't, so passive aggressive attacks require some skill.

The bottomline is whatever method you use, you have to stand up for yourself. And there comes a time when you say ENOUGH and fight back. Trust me you will know when that time comes and you feel great because you know you are ready for battle and payback's a bitch.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    The thing about being bullied is that someone is giving you their attention. If you weren't being bullied, it means you are no-one.
    Bullying like rape is more about the perpetrator needing to achieve a sense of power than the focus being on any particular victim.
    In a sense to the bully/rapist the victim doesn't exist and that's why he is able to do what he does.

It's a "me" thing and that's why what soulreaper suggests(usurping the power) either works or gets you killed.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    The kindof attention you don't want though ,TheFox(the physical attention is never good, how can it?)

The way I see it is you have a choice to make and it's a sophie's choice no doubt. You have to lose all fear and I mean ALL fear and it's risky. You have to be prepared to get a beating but make sure you take out an ear. You have to make sure the bully atleast thinks 5-10 times before he will pick on you again. Hell you might get killed but does this bully really wanna be in jail? I seriously doubt that, afterall he's a human being too and has something to lose. I mean if he doesnt have something to lose(and I seriously doubt he doesnt) then you're fucked anyway right? So why not fight back? What do you have to lose besides getting humiliated?

I mean I realise its easy to talk about this and the realities are quite different but would you rather live feeling humiliated and taken advantage of all your life? Well that's the choice you make.

The other better option is that you have a sharp tongue and you make this bully feel small. Sure you will get punched so what? Atleast you mindfucked the little bastard. But the reality is that only some ppl have that talent of being quick witted, some don't, so passive aggressive attacks require some skill.

The bottomline is whatever method you use, you have to stand up for yourself. And there comes a time when you say ENOUGH and fight back. Trust me you will know when that time comes and you feel great because you know you are ready for battle and payback's a bitch.
    One of the best posts I've seen on here in quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Yeah but it's a really low bar.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post

If what you are suggesting is that the victim stand up for themselves and fight back, they then become the BULLY. Are you really suggesting we make our victims into bullies? Wouldn't that simply exacerbate the situation? Surely building up the bully base would be bad news.

Jesus teaches us to turn the other cheek. The reason behind this is that if you retaliate, you become as bad as those you retaliate against. Creating more bullies simply won't do.

While I agree in principal with what you prescribe, the obvious outcome could be disastrous for the whole of humanity. Do we really need more suicide bombers, rapists, paedophiles or Islamic Extremists? I don't think so. Let the bad people remain bad, while the rest of us remain pure.
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Not to belittle your point regarding a fictional character but didn't Bishop Desmond Tutu say something like "If you are neutral in the face of injustice then you side with the oppressor"?

In other words,was England a bully in WWII?

9. Lounge   -   #39
    I think Mark Knopfler said it best though.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Not to belittle your point regarding a fictional character ...
    But that is exactly what your intention is.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast