Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh look, a shoe

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I sincerely apologize for the use of the word "circlejerk". I know it's hard to detect sincerity in online posts, but that came off completely different from what I meaning to convey and was a very poor choice of words. .
    Don't trust him.Remember what the Chinese did to us at Pearl Harbor.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Let me tell you a little story that you don't want to hear.
    Everyone who starts out racing bicycles spends much of their initial experience getting dropped.

Those that care about what they are doing suffer but persevere until finally they aren't getting dropped anymore.Those that don't care simply give up.

Simple fact of racing.Simple fact of life.
    But comments like, "You write like a 14 year old girl" are just tooo harsh for some fragile little simpletons, Idol. The question is, how can we accommodate them so this site can look like an inner-city middle school?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I go out of my way to welcome anyone who seems like they are worth two digital keypresses.
    I have noticed that. The rules being (clarified) are probably less so relevant to you, and I am grateful for that. But (and this is not directed at you) keep in mind that being welcoming to people who actually put effort into their contributions doesn't mean that you should be incessantly harsh to members that don't do so. Report the thread and the post will be dealt with.

getting you to actually join in, Rart.
    I am very passionate about this board and do readily admit that I spend less time on it than I would like. Unfortunately life has caught up with me and I don't have nearly the amount of time as I once did when I joined this board to contribute. Maybe once I get a stable job rather than having to study for exams constantly I'll be able to dedicate more time to the board. Until then I'm trying my best.

Also could you please try, just try to let me slide on the circlejerk thing and focus more on the meat of that post that I made. I already admitted it was a mistake and profusely apologized, I got less than two hours of sleep yesterday and wrote quite the long post, I messed up on a word. It was not at all my intent to imply the posting of regulars here was a "circlejerk" and I explained that in my previous post.
    Last edited by Rart; 07-09-2014 at 02:02 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Also could you please try, just try to let me slide on the circlejerk thing
    You said you want to "slide on the circlejerk".

Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Don't trust him.Remember what the Chinese did to us at Pearl Harbor.
    The Chinese.Give them an inch and they take Hong Kong.
    Oh look, a Hsu.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

But comments like, "You write like a 14 year old girl" are just tooo harsh for some fragile little simpletons, Idol. The question is, how can we accommodate them so this site can look like an inner-city middle school?
    Actually it was "spastic 14 year old girl".
    As I can say is if you are offended by the truth then instead of being angry at the conveyor,maybe consider looking into getting a better truth.

And with that I'm probably/hopefully/wishingly out.
    Now at least I'll have oodles more time to spend staring blankly into space.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Can someone please summarize the past 3 pages with a single JPEG, it's just too much to read.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    To summarise.

The admin team think that the decline of the board is because the environment is very harsh towards newbies, and have changed the rules to try to improve it.

The group of nasties who do all that harshing aren't happy about it and are threatening to take their ball home... in fact one of them has seemingly already gone.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Oh snap!

I wonder who it was, there's just no way of telling without reading

Do people still announce it when they leave forums with it being the year 2014? Like actually type it out??

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    Can someone please summarize the past 3 pages with a single JPEG, it's just too much to read.
    tumblr_inline_momyuumJ3N1qz4rgp.gif

yo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast