Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which router to try?

"I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Mutantx's Avatar Dominator BT Rep: +1
    Custom firmware has been mentioned before but depending on sort of tweaking you like to do. Almost everyone loves their Asus routers but may not be the route for you if $ is a factor.

-Mutantx

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    the firmware on the asus routers is very stable out of the box when compared to some other manufacturers. If you like to tweak things and want to squeeze a little more performance out of your asus routers, it is easy to do so with a custom firmware.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by rango3221 View Post
    the firmware on the asus routers is very stable out of the box when compared to some other manufacturers. If you like to tweak things and want to squeeze a little more performance out of your asus routers, it is easy to do so with a custom firmware.
    I second this. I too have an asus and love it. Totally recommend it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    I would also recommend asus...I just got a asus n66u..use to have a lot of dead zone but know I can even go outside and sill works.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    I find with high speed services today all the internet providers offer there modem router combination as a free rental bonus I just got the hitron cg3 ac technology modem router and it seems to work great
    the wifi range has definitely expanded my backyard is quite long and it works great and I have my modem router on the second floor
    and with the new speeds the providers are offering they force you to use there equipment or the hi speeds are not offered
    the only problem I had was setting up my network was a little buggy but speeds were unbelievable (300Mbps) and constant

I would check with your internet provider and see what they offer
    Last edited by shaina; 03-18-2015 at 06:25 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12