Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GFT and/or HDBits

Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by askj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post

Depends on what your higher standards are.

Rarity? Yep.

Content? Not in the slightest. I'd advise you spend your time looking for more practical sites that actually have, you know, more content.
    As a moderator you should know that HDBits is rated with 10's in every category at https://filesharingtalk.com/what-trackers-offer/. So, I have no idea why you say content is bad there.
    First off: that's not my rating. It was a subjective rating made by another user who created a review, I don't have to agree with it.

And even if I did agree with it, it only reflects that HDBits has the most amount of content at it's particular niche. Which means that it's the best at providing those pristine super hd rips or whatever it is they value there. It doesn't mean it has the best content overall of all sites if what you're looking for are tv shows and movies. PTP or IPT will far outshine HDBits in terms of general content.
    Last edited by Rart; 09-23-2014 at 06:08 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    GFT pales in comparison in both pretimes AND content. I've got both. I'd use GFT more if it could compete with IPT.

HDTwits is for people who would rather download 50+ GB instead of 4 GB for almost identical quality. Almost. Diminishing returns, or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Why not PTP and they have the best encodes for 720p and 1080p around all sites most are from HDBits and with higher number of seeders.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Thanks for the feedback guys. However, as far as my experience in the torrent scene goes, HDBits has been around longer than the sites you mentioned. During this time, I think it has gained a reputation in terms of durability and reliability. In the past I've had many sites which closed or died out rather soon than one would expect. Here I'm looking for long-term sites that can deliver the goods in the right way. Not that other sites do it wrongfully, but I just like to stick to a good few as I've been doing for years.

Still looking for someone who can vouch for me.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    Real question, do you even know what HDBits is for? You don't really sound like you do.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #26
    Easy ratio for HD scene and older releases with a fair amount of users. Is this a good enough description?

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #27
    I ask because nothing in this thread indicates you are looking for more than a replacement for a 0-day. Certainly, you've made no effort to detail your direct interest in HD.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #28
    Of course I want HD content to watch on my CRT screen.

Well, sorry for that sarcasm. Obviously, I want HD content to make my soirées amazing experiences.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #29
    The people who are most often invited there have serious attention to detail and are knowledgeable in encoding such. Do you have the bandwidth to be considered "useful" there? How much do you typically download in a month?

There are numerous HD sites that are obtainable. This is people helping you go in the right direction, not telling you to piss off. HDchina (something like that), HDTorrents, PtP should all work without the silliness.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #30
    Fair enough.

I usually prefer x264 or h.264 encoding. Yes, I do have the bandwidth, and the time might I add. My home computer is on almost 24/7. At work my laptop achieves upload speeds of about 2-3 Mbps. The amount I download monthly is hard to say. Usually I go for recent blockbusters, award-winning movies, and several titles ranging from the fifties to the nineties, along with a few TV series.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast